• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#11 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:05 AM

I don't believe that Jodie can be described as unattractive.  You may doubt her ability to transform from cabaret to stage performer, you may not like her voice or her mannerisms but I can't see that she is unattractive - unless you are making a dig at her weight...

I believe that her reaction at being kept in the competition is genuine and not false luvvy gushiness.  She has had far more set backs in her life than any of the other performers and it is natural to be grateful for the opportunity.  I would much rather have that than aggressive arm punching or snootiness

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:31 AM

I was in the audience in week two, and just remember being hugely underwhelmed by most of them.

I agree with Josh's comment about Niamh, she is so mesmerising to watch live, yet when watching her on tv I find her very dull. I also found Jessie incredibly boring to watch and completely switched off when Sam performed because she was just shouting and I couldn't bear it. I've never liked Ashley and find her voice colourless on the tv and found the same when I saw her live.

I remember thinking that Rachel sounds the best live but her overacting was very off putting. I've always liked Jodie and think she does have a real stage presence though probably not the strongest voice. Though at this point, I want her to win. I also enjoyed Sarah's performance but because it was early she was still quite nice and smiley, I wish I'd seen her a few weeks later.

Because it was week two I saw Cleo and Keisha and I didn't like either of them. Keisha didn't ghave any stage presence and sounded flat for most of it, and Cleo had maybe a little too much attitude, though I was still suprised that she went home that week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users