- - - - -

Sound Of Music Rumours For Nancy Rejects...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:14 PM

I have no evidence other than idle forum gossip to support this, but over on Digital Spy, someone claims that Niamh is lined up for the part of Liesl- and has indeed been rehearsing for several weeks! Also that Amy (went out week one) has auditioned for The Baroness.

Now, I am sceptical about both of these rumours. Although Niamh would suit Liesl far better than she ever would Nancy, I doubt she has had time to have attended secret rehearsals as well as the Nancy schedule & studying for A Levels! (Though they did show her yawning conspicuously on VT!!)

And Amy, I thought had already been cast in something?

AND surely somebody on THIS forum would have heard something...

But I just thought I'd ask?!

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:43 PM

Amy has definately been cast in the Sound of Music. There should be an announcement soon. She got the part a couple of weeks ago.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(freckles @ May 22 2008, 06:14 PM) View Post
I have no evidence other than idle forum gossip to support this, but over on Digital Spy, someone claims that Niamh is lined up for the part of Liesl- and has indeed been rehearsing for several weeks! Also that Amy (went out week one) has auditioned for The Baroness.

Now, I am sceptical about both of these rumours. Although Niamh would suit Liesl far better than she ever would Nancy, I doubt she has had time to have attended secret rehearsals as well as the Nancy schedule & studying for A Levels! (Though they did show her yawning conspicuously on VT!!)

And Amy, I thought had already been cast in something?

AND surely somebody on THIS forum would have heard something...

But I just thought I'd ask?!

May 4 2008, 09:41 AM
Post #39
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the younger girls gets offered to play Liesl in SOM. The word is that current understudy was offered the part then had it taken away (very unprofessional IMHO) as ALW apparently has other ideas for the part!

#4 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:35 PM

Niamh couldnt of started rehearsals this week. For one, Amy Lennox is contracted til August/September so I doubt the new Liesl would start rehearsing now. And two, she'd have to be rehearsing with the understudies as Summer is on holiday this week.

It has been strongly suggested by many people that IDA Amy has audtioned for the Baroness and indeed got the part.

There are rehearsals going on at the moment though [not sure about this week because of Summer's holiday] but for the new sets of children are set to start late June/early July soo..

#5 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:35 PM

sorry double post.

I forgot to state that if it's true that the role has been held for Niamh [which could be, I only know that she hasn't started rehearsals] that is really unprofessional. I really like Rebecca Lucie who is the first understudy for Liesl, she's a good little actress and really lovely in person so as a fan of her's i'm quite annoyed.

#6 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(strallenfan @ May 22 2008, 09:35 PM) View Post
sorry double post.

I forgot to state that if it's true that the role has been held for Niamh [which could be, I only know that she hasn't started rehearsals] that is really unprofessional. I really like Rebecca Lucie who is the first understudy for Liesl, she's a good little actress and really lovely in person so as a fan of her's i'm quite annoyed.

The frustrating thing is, it happens all the time!! People are promised jobs and then get them taken away either the next day or at the last minute. The whole industry is very unfair and performers get treated like cattle. If this rumour is true about Niamh being offered it in place of the understudy, then I'm not surprised but I think it's disgusting. Unfortunately, it happens all too often.

#7 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE(guest @ May 22 2008, 11:09 PM) View Post
The frustrating thing is, it happens all the time!! People are promised jobs and then get them taken away either the next day or at the last minute. The whole industry is very unfair and performers get treated like cattle. If this rumour is true about Niamh being offered it in place of the understudy, then I'm not surprised but I think it's disgusting. Unfortunately, it happens all too often.

Yeah I know sad.gif I will say in the case of Rebecca Lucie, she is a great understudy and I was very impressed when I saw her however, I actually felt she looked too old to be Liesl and I dont think her voice is strong enough to hold 8 shows a week. I've only seen her once though and I really want to see her again so she can prove me wrong.

If Niamh and Amy do end up in the cast, fortunetly I think it could be a major pull towards the show especially if they want to carry the show on when/if Summer leaves. Unfortunetly I can't see Niamh as Liesl. She may have the look but I can't see her working well with the kids or Summer very well. And I definetly cant see her pulling off the dance routine in Sixteen..

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 22 2008, 09:12 PM) View Post
May 4 2008, 09:41 AM
Post #39
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the younger girls gets offered to play Liesl in SOM. The word is that current understudy was offered the part then had it taken away (very unprofessional IMHO) as ALW apparently has other ideas for the part!

Note that this post doesn't mention Niamh specifically it just says one of the younger girls from the IDA.

If this does happen, it looks like once again ALW will be taking advantage of free BBC publicity to boost ticket sales. I hear that since Summer started ticket sales are not what they should be so obviously they are trying to boost sales by using someone else 'off the telly'. Interestingly, sales for the nights when Aoife was on were still good! Looks like SOM is not particularly popular with the Hollyoaks viewers which is a shame as Summer is a talented performer.

#9 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 23 2008, 06:35 AM) View Post
Note that this post doesn't mention Niamh specifically it just says one of the younger girls from the IDA.

If this does happen, it looks like once again ALW will be taking advantage of free BBC publicity to boost ticket sales. I hear that since Summer started ticket sales are not what they should be so obviously they are trying to boost sales by using someone else 'off the telly'. Interestingly, sales for the nights when Aoife was on were still good! Looks like SOM is not particularly popular with the Hollyoaks viewers which is a shame as Summer is a talented performer.

Uuuuh, where do you get your info on ticket sales? Whenever I go down [and thats a lot and midweek] the theatre is almost full everytime. I know a lot of fans who found the show/Summer through Hollyoaks [I'm not ashamed to say that's why I went to watch the show, I wasn't interested in it before]

#10 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE(strallenfan @ May 23 2008, 08:26 AM) View Post
Uuuuh, where do you get your info on ticket sales? Whenever I go down [and thats a lot and midweek] the theatre is almost full everytime. I know a lot of fans who found the show/Summer through Hollyoaks [I'm not ashamed to say that's why I went to watch the show, I wasn't interested in it before]

That is true, but there are a lot of half price deals & offers around which are filling the theatre.

I think Summer is fantastic BTW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users