- - - - -

Sound Of Music Rumours For Nancy Rejects...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#11 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE(strallenfan @ May 22 2008, 10:35 PM) View Post
Niamh couldnt of started rehearsals this week. For one, Amy Lennox is contracted til August/September so I doubt the new Liesl would start rehearsing now. And two, she'd have to be rehearsing with the understudies as Summer is on holiday this week.

It has been strongly suggested by many people that IDA Amy has audtioned for the Baroness and indeed got the part.

There are rehearsals going on at the moment though [not sure about this week because of Summer's holiday] but for the new sets of children are set to start late June/early July soo..

But isn't the show due to close in October? Niamh (or anyone) wouldn't get to play the role for long!

#12 Guest_som fan_*

Guest_som fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(freckles @ May 22 2008, 06:14 PM) View Post
I have no evidence other than idle forum gossip to support this, but over on Digital Spy, someone claims that Niamh is lined up for the part of Liesl- and has indeed been rehearsing for several weeks! Also that Amy (went out week one) has auditioned for The Baroness.

Now, I am sceptical about both of these rumours. Although Niamh would suit Liesl far better than she ever would Nancy, I doubt she has had time to have attended secret rehearsals as well as the Nancy schedule & studying for A Levels! (Though they did show her yawning conspicuously on VT!!)

And Amy, I thought had already been cast in something?

AND surely somebody on THIS forum would have heard something...

But I just thought I'd ask?!

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:38 AM

Some of these rumours are true.  Rebecca Lucie was actually offered the part, not 'promised'. An official offer from really useful group was made, and negotiations of the part were taking place. Unfortunately ALW then decided he wanted to make even more money by bringing in one of the nancy's and so retracted the offer, he did not inform the casting team before doing this.  The whole production/casting team were completely shocked when they heard rebecca would nolonger take over the role from amy lennox, because that was the decision that had been made collectively by the people casting the entire show.

Amy booth steel will be joining the cast of the sound of music, she will play ensemble and understudy to sister berte.

QUOTE(freckles @ May 22 2008, 06:14 PM) View Post
I have no evidence other than idle forum gossip to support this, but over on Digital Spy, someone claims that Niamh is lined up for the part of Liesl- and has indeed been rehearsing for several weeks! Also that Amy (went out week one) has auditioned for The Baroness.

Now, I am sceptical about both of these rumours. Although Niamh would suit Liesl far better than she ever would Nancy, I doubt she has had time to have attended secret rehearsals as well as the Nancy schedule & studying for A Levels! (Though they did show her yawning conspicuously on VT!!)

And Amy, I thought had already been cast in something?

AND surely somebody on THIS forum would have heard something...

But I just thought I'd ask?!

#14 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:12 PM

Awww bless Rebecca. She's so lovely and such a natural actress that I really feel sorry for her. I don't see any of the Nancy's as Liesl at all though, Amy's been fantastic so she'll be a hard act to follow.

It's true about there being lots of deals on for the tickets but it's still selling and I'm sure it would still sell without the offers. Funnily enough, hardly anyone daytickets there.

Summer is contracted til October and they're booking til 18th. However there is still an option to renew her contract yet and continue the show.

#15 Guest_Olivia Paller_*

Guest_Olivia Paller_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:34 PM

I also heard that the understudy was offered the part one day then had it withdrawn the next as ALW had a Nancy in mind.  This came from a reliable source, not a rumour.  Not sure I could see any of the Nancys in the role, however, but I might be proved wrong.....

#16 Guest_sound of music fan_*

Guest_sound of music fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(Olivia Paller @ May 23 2008, 01:34 PM) View Post
I also heard that the understudy was offered the part one day then had it withdrawn the next as ALW had a Nancy in mind.  This came from a reliable source, not a rumour.  Not sure I could see any of the Nancys in the role, however, but I might be proved wrong.....

#17 Guest_sound of music fan_*

Guest_sound of music fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:27 PM

The first cover was offered the part and must be in total shock to have accepted Liesl and then had it taken from her. Is that how the IDA programme supports West End performers?

#18 Guest_Guest_bob_*_*

Guest_Guest_bob_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE(guest @ May 22 2008, 10:09 PM) View Post
The frustrating thing is, it happens all the time!! People are promised jobs and then get them taken away either the next day or at the last minute. The whole industry is very unfair and performers get treated like cattle. If this rumour is true about Niamh being offered it in place of the understudy, then I'm not surprised but I think it's disgusting. Unfortunately, it happens all too often.

I think you are exagerating a bit. If someone is offered a roll then a legal contract exists which cannot just be broken. Usualy when these sort of things happen tthey are just being considered for the role and dont actually have it.

#19 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(Guest_bob_* @ May 26 2008, 11:05 AM) View Post
I think you are exagerating a bit. If someone is offered a roll then a legal contract exists which cannot just be broken.

Not necessarily...depends on how far both parties have gone down the offer-acceptance-evidence of essential terms route. If both sides were in negotiations (as an earlier poster said) and nothing evidencing essential terms was on paper, it would be possible for the offer to be legally withdrawn (it would not have been "accepted" if both parties were still negotiating).

[Edited to add: which is by way of saying, lengthily, that the rumor she was offered the role and it was withdrawn may not be exaggeration.]

Which is not to say withdrawing the offer at the eleventh hour is morally (? possibly not the right word) acceptable. And pity for Rebecca, I had heard she was great. Hope she finds something [more] worthy!
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#20 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:26 PM

It is entirely too possible and not an exaggeration. I know of so many instances where a verbal offer was made - that was then withdrawn. It happened to a fellow person in my year when we were graduating from drama school. She auditioned for a tour, got a call saying she got the part, then a few hours later they called to say they had changed their minds and she wasn't hired after all. Even if things are written in a contract they are not necessarily always fulfilled, I can't go into detail but lets just say that many a swing I know was promised they would be on 8 shows a week and ended up sitting in the dressing room most of the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users