13 replies to this topic

#1 showtoones

showtoones

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:58 PM

I LOVE Jodie and want her to win the role of Nancy and I find it rude and disheartening that they dress her differently than the other girls and bring up her size when speaking to her. She has curves,  yes, and she would make a fabulous Nancy. When they girls sang "Wash that Man out of My Hair" from South Pacific, all of the girls were in short shorts and she was in knee length pants. Seems like they want to draw attention to her.

She is MY Nancy...LOVE her..she is hilarious and fit the role the best!

#2 Guest_Guest_ashcass_*_*

Guest_Guest_ashcass_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

Maybe she didn't feel comfortable with the idea of the short shorts herself and asked for longer ones. Who's to say it was wardrobe that made her wear longer ones.

#3 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE(Guest_ashcass_* @ May 23 2008, 05:07 PM) View Post
Maybe she didn't feel comfortable with the idea of the short shorts herself and asked for longer ones. Who's to say it was wardrobe that made her wear longer ones.

Agreed!  I very much doubt that wardrobe would have 'made her' wear longer ones, could you imagine what she would have to say about that?!?!  To be honest, that is the first time I have seen her wear anything different to the other ladies.  She is 'hilarious' but that is one of the reasons why I think she shouldn't be on the west end stage!

#4 sanderling

sanderling

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE(showtoones @ May 23 2008, 04:58 PM) View Post
She has curves

Bulges, not curves. She has bulges. She wore long pants because of her bulges.

#5 sanderling

sanderling

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:28 PM

Dupe.

#6 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE(sanderling @ May 24 2008, 12:26 AM) View Post
Bulges, not curves. She has bulges. She wore long pants because of her bulges.

Ever heard of courtesy? I'm sorry but IMO that's just rude. We all know that she's a bit bigger than the other Twiglets on the show but she's still human.

#7 Jon - Thenardier

Jon - Thenardier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

Not that any of the girls are size zero, but Jodie is a real gal and that doesn't cause a problem for me at all and actually as most people are saying, it suits the role well anyway.

Can't remember who it was but on hey! Mr Producer, the actress who sings As Long As He Needs me is probably bigger than Jodie but that doesn;t make her any less beautiful or amazing.

#8 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(Jon - Thenardier @ May 24 2008, 03:24 PM) View Post
Not that any of the girls are size zero, but Jodie is a real gal and that doesn't cause a problem for me at all and actually as most people are saying, it suits the role well anyway.

Can't remember who it was but on hey! Mr Producer, the actress who sings As Long As He Needs me is probably bigger than Jodie but that doesn;t make her any less beautiful or amazing.

THANK you. Has anybody ever seen size zero Nancy? I guess if that's what you're after sanderling, you'd better get on the phone and see if Victoria Beckham's available...

#9 sanderling

sanderling

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(rona910 @ May 24 2008, 04:20 PM) View Post
THANK you. Has anybody ever seen size zero Nancy? I guess if that's what you're after sanderling, you'd better get on the phone and see if Victoria Beckham's available...

Don't be silly, Rona. Nowhere have I said I want a size zero. I was addressing the OP's euphemism (curves) in relation to her different costume from the rest - Jodie was clearly wearing a corset, which would have meant her thighs bulging from beneath shorts, if she'd worn them instead of the elasticated pants she did wear. ALW's comment about her dancing like Meatloaf was tactless, but relevant in the sense that getting her bulk around the stage isn't her most appealing feature. I noticed also that her dance partner didn't attempt to lift her.

#10 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:44 AM

Is it really relevant for this role? If she was auditioning for the part of Victoria in Cats then I would completely support your opinion, but does it really matter in this competition? The answer is no, which makes me think your comment was purely designed to be degrading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users