Jump to content


- - - - -

Phantom Of The Opera ~ 2012, Uk Tour


  • Please log in to reply
451 replies to this topic

#1 SimonAitken111

SimonAitken111

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:East Kilbride, Glasgow, Scotland

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

Phantom of the Opera will be heading a new UK tour next year after the 25th Anniversary performance in October according to reports, any more info on this one? Will this be like Les Mis was last year? Only the tour starting after the concert and not before?

#2 Guest_Guesto_*

Guest_Guesto_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

their is a tour, is it starting in Plymouth, March 2012 I belive. It is going to be near enough a carbon copy of the West End just spruced up and most if not all automated.

#3 SimonAitken111

SimonAitken111

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:East Kilbride, Glasgow, Scotland

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

View PostGuesto, on 20 July 2011 - 06:08 PM, said:

their is a tour, is it starting in Plymouth, March 2012 I belive. It is going to be near enough a carbon copy of the West End just spruced up and most if not all automated.

Sweet, so when it comes to Edinburgh, it'll probably be during the Summer?

#4 mjr

mjr

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

When the tour was announced, it sounded like it was going to be anything but the original show. With a new director, designers and orchestration. I have no inside info on this at the moment, so perhaps its just a modern version of the london show as the poster above says, however that is not the impression I got reading the articles that surrouned the news a few months ago.

#5 Guest_Nasty_Phil_*

Guest_Nasty_Phil_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

From my understanding and various twitter posters, final auditions for this were last Thursday and offers went out after that, so i believe it has been cast already.
Why so early?
Will the new your cast be part of the Anniversary celebrations in October?

#6 connorclarke2007

connorclarke2007

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

https://twitter.com/...427361310801920

The first piece of solid casting  news.

It seems It will start rehearsals (unconfirmed on DCircle forum) Jan 9th for 4 weeks then 4 weeks in Plymouth opening March 13th  for 5 weeks. The Phantom will be a name. Please God, not that dreadful Rhydian Roberts who has made his transition into serious theatre with WWRU. I'll cone on for loads of flack I expect, but personally (and I say, PERSONALLY haters) I can't bear him.

#7 Titan

Titan

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

View Postconnorclarke2007, on 25 July 2011 - 06:20 PM, said:

https://twitter.com/...427361310801920

The first piece of solid casting  news.

It seems It will start rehearsals (unconfirmed on DCircle forum) Jan 9th for 4 weeks then 4 weeks in Plymouth opening March 13th  for 5 weeks. The Phantom will be a name. Please God, not that dreadful Rhydian Roberts who has made his transition into serious theatre with WWRU. I'll cone on for loads of flack I expect, but personally (and I say, PERSONALLY haters) I can't bear him.

No I agree, the show is the name.  Unless by a name they mean a theatre name,so say JOJ

#8 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:23 PM

View PostTitan, on 25 July 2011 - 08:07 PM, said:

No I agree, the show is the name.  Unless by a name they mean a theatre name,so say JOJ

I hope they do not end up stunt-casting this, if any show can pull in full houses without it, Phantom can. Theatrical names, I'm all for.

#9 PMB1034

PMB1034

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 25 July 2011 - 10:23 PM, said:

I hope they do not end up stunt-casting this, if any show can pull in full houses without it, Phantom can. Theatrical names, I'm all for.

In theory, I'm against stunt casting. In practice, if they're good I don't care.

#10 Bricabrac

Bricabrac

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:US

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:15 AM

View Postmjr, on 20 July 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

When the tour was announced, it sounded like it was going to be anything but the original show. With a new director, designers and orchestration. I have no inside info on this at the moment, so perhaps its just a modern version of the london show as the poster above says, however that is not the impression I got reading the articles that surrouned the news a few months ago.

"Producer Cameron Mackintosh intends to present a newly imagined international production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera, to premiere in England perhaps as early as 2012, Variety reports.
The production would follow the template of Mackintosh's recent newly designed and rethought revival of Les Miserables. . ."

LINK TO PLAYBILL ARTICLE




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users