#11 Bricabrac

Bricabrac

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:16 AM

View Postmjr, on 20 July 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

When the tour was announced, it sounded like it was going to be anything but the original show. With a new director, designers and orchestration. I have no inside info on this at the moment, so perhaps its just a modern version of the london show as the poster above says, however that is not the impression I got reading the articles that surrouned the news a few months ago.

"Producer Cameron Mackintosh intends to present a newly imagined international production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera, to premiere in England perhaps as early as 2012, Variety reports.
The production would follow the template of Mackintosh's recent newly designed and rethought revival of Les Miserables. . ."

LINK TO PLAYBILL ARTICLE

#12 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3330 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:18 AM

View PostBricabrac, on 26 July 2011 - 12:16 AM, said:

"Producer Cameron Mackintosh intends to present a newly imagined international production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera, to premiere in England perhaps as early as 2012, Variety reports.
The production would follow the template of Mackintosh's recent newly designed and rethought revival of Les Miserables. . ."

LINK TO PLAYBILL ARTICLE

Yes, thats the one. Many thanks.

#13 StageDoor

StageDoor

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:21 AM

Will be very interested to see what changes he makes - how can you improve perfection lol (not at all prejudiced here) :)

#14 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

Has there been any updates on this?  Just eager to know if it's coming my way soon(ish)

#15 connorclarke2007

connorclarke2007

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

The actor Lee Ormsby (She Loves Me, Chichester) is playing Buquet. It's on Twitter.

#16 chinatoy

chinatoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:03 PM

View Postconnorclarke2007, on 25 July 2011 - 06:20 PM, said:

https://twitter.com/...427361310801920

The first piece of solid casting  news.

It seems It will start rehearsals (unconfirmed on DCircle forum) Jan 9th for 4 weeks then 4 weeks in Plymouth opening March 13th  for 5 weeks. The Phantom will be a name. Please God, not that dreadful Rhydian Roberts who has made his transition into serious theatre with WWRU. I'll cone on for loads of flack I expect, but personally (and I say, PERSONALLY haters) I can't bear him.

When do you think we are likely to find out whose been cast in this? I really like the idea of a tour.

You are allowed not to bear him connorclarke, personally I think he's very talented and would in all likelihood attract a lot of people to go and see a touring version of Phantom.

Will watch with interest :)

#17 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3384 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

View Postchinatoy, on 28 August 2011 - 03:03 PM, said:

When do you think we are likely to find out whose been cast in this? I really like the idea of a tour.

You are allowed not to bear him connorclarke, personally I think he's very talented and would in all likelihood attract a lot of people to go and see a touring version of Phantom.

Will watch with interest :)

Phantom is not a show that needs a name to sell on tour.   I had also heard it would be unknowns so time will tell.  With casting news starting to leak it cant be too long before announcements are made, especially if it opens early next year

#18 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3330 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

I would have though the tour to be announced after the concerts.

#19 chinatoy

chinatoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

View PostTitan, on 28 August 2011 - 04:35 PM, said:

Phantom is not a show that needs a name to sell on tour.   I had also heard it would be unknowns so time will tell.  With casting news starting to leak it cant be too long before announcements are made, especially if it opens early next year

No? You can get front stalls seats for two days time at Her Majesty's, it isn't selling out but it is popular of course. I disagree with you, a name sells seats especially provincially, touring musicals use their well known cast members to promote themselves from what I've seen.

I did read somewhere it would be unknowns too so perhaps you're right. I also read there would be a number of Christines and Phantoms over the run. Time will tell I suppose.

#20 Veronica

Veronica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:05 AM

any news about the cast?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users