451 replies to this topic

#21 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

Any news about where the tour visits?  How come they have announced Plymouth but nowhere else?

#22 ultimatetheatrefan

ultimatetheatrefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:23 AM

It's not even been announced yet. It was only a casting call. So technically Plymouth hasn't even been announced!
Hasa diga eebowai

#23 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:11 AM

Oh thankyou.  I was under the misapprehension that it was going ahead and Plymouth was a deffo.  Damn got all excited for nothing.  I shall wait with baited breath to see if this takes off.  Will have to continue with the London production until it/if it happens :rolleyes:

#24 theatrekat

theatrekat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

Would really love to see John Owen-Jones as the Phantom in this tour, although it would probably see me parting with ridiculous amounts of money on repeat visits  ;)
2012 SO FAR:  Strauss Gala, Matilda, Shrek, Oliver (Tour), Alfie Boe, Bring Him Home Tour, Pasadena Roof Orchestra, The Wizard Of Oz

BOOKED FOR:  South Pacific, Chicago (Tour), Spamalot (Tour), Phantom Of The Opera (Tour) x 2

#25 Bricabrac

Bricabrac

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

It's far too soon to speculate about who will play the roles in the US, I suppose, but I certainly hope the tour does come here. We've been left with nothing but mostly high school and a few college productions of POTO since the tour closed. The kids give it their all, but it's not the same as having a professional show.

#26 Lilly Rose

Lilly Rose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

http://www.conservat...24&s=420&id=713 Olivian Brerenton is the cover Christine for the tour, according to this!

#27 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:06 PM

Les Mis 25th Tour didn't sell on names - nor do I think Phantom will or has too, never did on the tour ten years ago!

I think I re-imagined version is welcome; I saw the London production last year and whilst it is clear some changes have been made and investment especially the costumes the staging is starting to feel dated!

I have heard whispers that we will see a familiar Phantom and one that is highly regarded and is very well acquainted to the vigours of touring in 25th Anniversary productions!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#28 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:49 PM

View PostLaughingmonsta, on 20 September 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

I have heard whispers that we will see a familiar Phantom and one that is highly regarded and is very well acquainted to the vigours of touring in 25th Anniversary productions!

Earl Carpenter...!?

#29 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3399 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

View PostCactus, on 20 September 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

Earl Carpenter...!?

JOJ would be my guess.  He leaves the London production just as the tour will be starting.  He is, with Ramin, the most popular of modern Phantoms. PErsonally I find him a bit OTT on the acting front for my taste.  Plus that would make a nice Phantom quartet at the concert - Crawford (original), Wilkonson, Karimloo (concert Phantom) and Jones (tour)

#30 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

View PostTitan, on 20 September 2011 - 08:45 PM, said:

JOJ would be my guess.  He leaves the London production just as the tour will be starting.  He is, with Ramin, the most popular of modern Phantoms. PErsonally I find him a bit OTT on the acting front for my taste.  Plus that would make a nice Phantom quartet at the concert - Crawford (original), Wilkonson, Karimloo (concert Phantom) and Jones (tour)
JOJ fits in anyway considering he's the actual London Phantom when the concert is taking place. I deliberately went for Carpenter as I feel like it would seem a little... odd for JOJ, as popular as he may be for both roles, to exclusively play Valjean and the Phantom for over a decade now. Of course it's a high possibility, if boring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users