451 replies to this topic

#401 robg

robg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

i was i Edinburgh last weekend  at last minute thought i would get tickets to see Phantom  it was a saturday night ... i was told sorry sold out ? thats 3000 seats ? could this be true did anyone go that night  i know the last tour in birmingham never completely sold out and the held 1000 seats ? :)

#402 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

I doubt a venue or a producer would hold 1000 seats per show! Usually the house will have 5-10 house seats and producer will have anything between 5-30 on hold per show.
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#403 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

I think robg meant the house has 1000 seats capacity (it doesn't it has 1800+ but anyway) and didn't sell out, so Edinburgh with 3000 is a surprising sell out.

#404 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Ahhhh I see - sorry I misread, apologies - the joys of being Ill, its taking all my concentration to just breathe today. I think the difference with POTO in Scotland is Edinburgh is the only Scottish dates. POTO in UK has played most major cities all easy to get to, for example Liverpool to Manchester 40mins - Manchester - Leeds 1hr - Manchester to Birmimgham 70mins
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#405 robg

robg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

yes thankyou i didnt mean producers held 1000 seats Lol ... i meant the hippodrome has 1000 seats  but never completely sold out where playhouse has 3000 seats  and box office said they only had couple of single seats left just thought esp in current climate it does seem unlikly it had sold all 3000 seats esp as its on for about a month :) well we went to kings theatre in the end and saw haunting julia which was great lovely friendly staff  nice theatre and a quarter of the price so all good

#406 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

It's true Edinburgh has sold out!

#407 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3363 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

In a way im not surprised as Scotland is much further away from London than say Birmingham, southampton etc where people could get to the capital easier to see it

#408 jp89

jp89

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

Yep, have friends working at a ticket agency and it completely sold out, apart from maybe returns.

#409 Luna

Luna

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Watched today's matinée in Milton Keynes and really enjoyed it. Definately exceeded my expectations, having read a few negative reviews. There are some things which I prefer in the London production but there are also some things I prefer in this production. Some of the cast weren't as strong as in London (wasn't keen on Piangi and Meg) but generally great cast. Simon Bailey is a very strong Raoul. Earl is wonderful. He's the only phantom I've seen twice (saw him in London in January) and I think he's now my favourite. I love his MOTN. His Phantom's passion for music is so powerful. Olivia Brereton was on as Christine and she was great. Lovely voice and I really liked her acting, possibly my favourite Christine.

I think I may have to go see it again when it comes to Birmingham in March. Does anyone know if the tour is going anywhere else after Birmginham or is that the end of the tour?

#410 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

Liverpool is on the tour Schedule for Feb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users