- - - - -

Saturday 24th May - Semi Final

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
172 replies to this topic

#151 Guest_Leeza_*

Guest_Leeza_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:54 PM

Rachel has given the same needy manic performance that she has consistently given over the past weeks. The duet from Rachal and Jessie was awful. They were shouting over each other and looked like a herd of cattle. Jodie's performance was good and I think she is the only one who could play Nancy (although I am sure there must be better out there)!! I think there has been a massive attempt to "big up" Rachel because they want her to win she is a "safe pair of hands". I may pay to see her in a provincial performance but not on West End. Not good enough

#152 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(Leeza @ May 24 2008, 07:54 PM) View Post
Rachel has given the same needy manic performance that she has consistently given over the past weeks. The duet from Rachal and Jessie was awful. They were shouting over each other and looked like a herd of cattle. Jodie's performance was good and I think she is the only one who could play Nancy (although I am sure there must be better out there)!! I think there has been a massive attempt to "big up" Rachel because they want her to win she is a "safe pair of hands". I may pay to see her in a provincial performance but not on West End. Not good enough

I'm sorry everyone but I very strongly disagree with everything that has been said!!!  I thought Rachel was outstanding tonight!!!!!  The contrast between last week and this week for her was amazing, right at the beginning I could see more warmth, emotion and fun in her performance.  I can't believe everyone has been so negative about her.  I totally agreed with everything the panel said and I really don't think they were 'briefed to big up rachel', that's a ridiculous thing to say.  They are well qualified to give there own opinions without being told what to say, anyway if there has been an attempt to 'big up' Rachel because she is a safe pair of hands that's fine by me, I would rather see a safe pair of hands than an unsafe pair of hands!  I now absolutely want Rachel to win and have voted for her several times.  The duet from Rachel and Jessie was fantastic too, such a difficult song to sing with someone else AND dance at the same time.  I also loved Samantha's and Jodie's duet, I have actually started to like Jodie and that's because she has clearly calmed down and taken on board what she has been asked to do.

#153 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:05 PM

oh yes indeed - how demanding to ask a musical theatre performer to sing AND dance all at once

rolleyes.gif
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#154 Guest_Johnno_*

Guest_Johnno_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:06 PM

Overall, very uninspiring performances.
Rachel - Safe, but flat and uninteresting. not for the West End
Jessie - Words fail me. No improvement over the weeks
Sam - Gorgeous, but not nancy. She seems to have improved over the weeks but not ready for this yet
Jodie - Oh please! If you have to make her stand still so as not to do "cabaret" then she isn't right for Nancy! I just don't get her at all. Good voice but why on earth was DVO crying? The only bit of believable "fake" emotion throughout the whole series!

Throw them all out and lets see DVO playing Nancy!

#155 Guest_Johnno_*

Guest_Johnno_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:08 PM

Here Here to that Haz!
Now if only they could get MT performers to act aswell! Wow, think we are onto something here

#156 Guest_Jennell_*

Guest_Jennell_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(maymay @ May 24 2008, 06:45 PM) View Post
I must be watching a difrent show I thought Buenis Aires was fabulous & Jessie was awesome...the first duet made my  ears bleed........Barrowman btw has lost all objectivity &  I  have absolutely  no respect  for him anymore he is a vicious queen

I object strongly to your comment about John Barrowman. It was totally unnecessary, just because you like Jessie.  Barrowman has been in the Business since 1989 and knows what he is talking about. How long have you been in show business? You can express your views, you know, without being rude.

#157 maymay

maymay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(Jennell @ May 24 2008, 08:19 PM) View Post
I object strongly to your comment about John Barrowman. It was totally unnecessary, just because you like Jessie.  Barrowman has been in the Business since 1989 and knows what he is talking about. How long have you been in show business? You can express your views, you know, without being rude.

Tough that  is my  opinion if he can be so  vicious & unrelenting why should I accept it  just  because  he has 'been in show buisiness since 1989 you know'.....so  what? that makes it  ok I  see rudeness &  bitchiness consistently  on this board suck it up sweetheart

#158 Guest_Jennell_*

Guest_Jennell_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(maymay @ May 24 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post
Tough that  is my  opinion if he can be so  vicious & unrelenting why should I accept it  just  because  he has 'been in show buisiness since 1989 you know'.....so  what? that makes it  ok I  see rudeness &  bitchiness consistently  on this board suck it up sweetheart

Temper, temper, temper.  Oh, and please use a spell checker.

#159 maymay

maymay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(Jennell @ May 24 2008, 08:47 PM) View Post
Temper, temper, temper.  Oh, and please use a spell checker.

rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif anything for you sweetie....anything.except I  didn't spell anything  wrong so  maybe its you who needs a spell checker. tongue.gif

#160 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:55 PM

Actually, it's business, not buisiness  wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users