Jermyn Street Theatre

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Natalie_*

Guest_Natalie_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

I really want to see Reunion too but can't face the staff at the theatre being so rude and full of themselves.  Been trying to book online but they don't let you choose your seats. Maybe I should call them but if they are rude I'll hung up.

#22 Guest_Carl_*

Guest_Carl_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

I know what you meean about the staff.  Terrible customer service.  Pity because is such a lovely theatre.  But they really treat customers badly, maybe bacause it only has about 60 seats they feel it's easy to sell out without making an effort with patrons.

#23 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Yes, indeed

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

I have had  a few problems here, as I mentioned on page 1 - http://www.whatsonst...491#entry190491

The man I spoke to when I booked was fine, very polite. It was the attitude of the woman, who I gather is the manager, that I was deeply unimpressed by. That, the credit card payment screw-up, and the uncomfortable seats (and the unexplained, un-apologised-for seating changes) all put me off going again. I did enjoy both the productions I saw there, though. If someone is interested in a production there, I'd say go, and make your mind up accordingly about your customer service experience. But avoid the back rows of the main seat block, as the control room wall blocks a fair bit of the stage from there.
Táim ag éalú ar ais

#24 Guest_Terry_*

Guest_Terry_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

It's a real pity they have such rude and snotty attitude towards customers.  They only seem to smile when they have their picture taken after getting an award.  The picture is in display at the door.  Looks like they are saying  'you see, we are the best fringe venue in town, so if you want to come to our venue you must put up with our condescending attitude'.

#25 Guest_Tim McArthur_*

Guest_Tim McArthur_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostTerry, on 30 March 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

<br />It's a real pity they have such rude and snotty attitude towards customers.  They only seem to smile when they have their picture taken after getting an award.  The picture is in display at the door.  Looks like they are saying  'you see, we are the best fringe venue in town, so if you want to come to our venue you must put up with our condescending attitude'.

I volunteer at the Jermyn Street Theatre running the box office, as do various other professional performers and creatives - I am never rude to the customers. Have you ever worked in a box office before?  

#26 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

I find the staff there perfectly pleasant & courteous, its a venue I enjoy visiting. It is not the most comfortable theatre in the world, but I love the intimacy & have seen some amazing productions there.

#27 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

I've booked specific seats (because there are certain ones are the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in) and have had the manager try to move me when other audience members have kicked up a fuss and I presumably look a soft target. In fact, I think I've  seen some sort of seating kerfuffle every time I've been there.

#28 Guest_Anna_*

Guest_Anna_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

I've been to this theatre twice and both times there have been lots of seating problems and some patrons have been very upset.  I'm so tempted to book for Reunion but don't think I can handle such rude and incompetent attitude.

#29 Guest_Claire R_*

Guest_Claire R_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

Reunion is brilliant.  Really powerful play, wonderfully acted, spot on direction. Catch it if you can, it's running only until May 5th.

#30 Guest_Tanya_*

Guest_Tanya_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

I saw it and absolutely loved it.  Had tears in my eyes by the end of it.  Both Roberta Taylor and Peter Guiness are wonderful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users