56 replies to this topic

#41 Glinda172xxx

Glinda172xxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

so did rachel go...?? what an absolute shame, but she has one of the best agents so she will get work.

#42 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Oxford Simon @ May 24 2008, 10:41 PM) View Post
I really can't see the TT races being a major factor in determining the winner...

Well as we say, a large amount of the population will be out watching the TT around the course, wouldn't know what number to ring for Sam, and may not vote.

It at least decreases the chances of her getting.

But who knows, maybe she was always JUST out of danger in all the other weeks!
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#43 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(Glinda172xxx @ May 24 2008, 10:58 PM) View Post
so did rachel go...?? what an absolute shame, but she has one of the best agents so she will get work.

I think the person who actually wins will get something of a bum deal compared with the professionals who didn't make it. Nancy isn't a particularly good role, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Francesca, Sarah and Rachel end up with far more interesting work than the winner.

All through the series it has struck me as odd that so many people have been saying that Nancy is their dream role. I know that's how they're expected to behave - it probably says in their contracts that at least twice a week they have to whine about how they've always wanted to play Nancy - but it's kind of like saying your life's ambition is to come tenth in the London Marathon.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#44 Guest_Guest_George_*_*

Guest_Guest_George_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ May 24 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post
I think the person who actually wins will get something of a bum deal compared with the professionals who didn't make it. Nancy isn't a particularly good role, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Francesca, Sarah and Rachel end up with far more interesting work than the winner.

All through the series it has struck me as odd that so many people have been saying that Nancy is their dream role. I know that's how they're expected to behave - it probably says in their contracts that at least twice a week they have to whine about how they've always wanted to play Nancy - but it's kind of like saying your life's ambition is to come tenth in the London Marathon.

Agreed. However, I have run twice in the London Marathon and I would be happy if I came tenth instead of --wherever. Still it''s hard to run fast when you're dressed as a giant spider.

#45 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:03 AM

This series has been an absolute farce.

I hope Jodie wins now, because neither of the others should - Sam is a vapid little idiot and Jessie needs to go away and learn to act and move. Oh dear.
He used to call me ó Blue Roses.

#46 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE(Guest_George_* @ May 25 2008, 01:01 AM) View Post
Agreed. However, I have run twice in the London Marathon and I would be happy if I came tenth instead of --wherever.

So would I, but being out of shape at the moment if I ran the London Marathon I'd be on about my tenth heart by the time I reached the end.

What I'm getting at is that saying you've always wanted to play Nancy is like saying "I've put everything I have into this. This time I'm really going for bronze!"

Still it''s hard to run fast when you're dressed as a giant spider.

Now I have this image of Nancy being played as a giant spider. It's the only way I can see of rescuing any sort of entertainment from this dismal embarrassment of a series.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#47 Guest_TimothyWiney_*

Guest_TimothyWiney_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:47 AM

Assuming the spoilers are correct.

Iím feeling rather magnanimous today, so I will not be discussing the fact that:

1.     Iíd do Anything is rigged (even if it isnít, I must believe it is in order to preserve what little respect I have left for the ďpopularĒ vote,

2.     ALW is about as consistent in his criticism as English weather,

3.     Denise Van Outan needs to return to acting school to brush up on her crocodile tear production,

4.     Cameron Macintosh added about as much spice to the Nancy debate as ketchup adds flavor to filet mignone

5.     Only a phone bank with speed re-dialing in Bangladesh could explain how Jesse was not in the bottom two,

6.     Iíd Do Anything has taken comic farce to an entirely new plane of absurdity,

7.     Again, since Iím feeling magnanimous today, Iíll say nothing about Barry Humphries.

I really only dropped by to point out the obvious travesty of Rachael leaving the show which ironically did more to expose the shaky credibility of the panel and the format of this show, than anything I could write.  Just a reminder, ALW lead the standing ovation for Rachel, but true to his pocket book, saved Sam.  What courage.  Itís a shame we donít have a higher title in this country than Lord; he clearly deserves at least an Iron Cross for West End valor!

I must say that I observed a little exasperation on the part of John Barrowman at the increasingly vacillating and inconsistent criticism of the panel, particularly since Sarahís departure.  I congratulate him for having the honesty to call a flopping fish by name when he sees one.  The truthful, but nonetheless disturbing imagry Johnís flopping fish stirred up, has, however, forever ruined the Spongebob Squarepants song for me.  It will be very interesting to see if the cameras pan out as they always seem to do when ALW takes the low road yet again, and saves Sam.  I have nothing against Sam; I think she is an excellent singer and dramatically mature beyond her years in many ways.  I personally think she should go back to school, cultivate her voice, and emerge as a super star.  I know Simon Cowell would agree with me.  Speaking of Simon, what the hell is ALW doing in the States?  I have a feeling he has a very sinister scheme up his sleeve and is trying to leverage himself using American Idol.  I know you are a savvy businessman Simon, but be wary of ALW; he strikes me as uniquely devious.

I would just like to wish Rachael and Sarah every good fortune, even though they shouldnít need it.  In a rational world, their luck would have already been made by their sweat and talent, not won by chance.  My fatherly side wants to tell Sarah and Rachael to quit show business altogether, where my selfish side is setting up a savings account to fund anything they may be in, and I mean anything (except Oliver).

#48 Guest_Jennell_*

Guest_Jennell_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(TimothyWiney @ May 25 2008, 08:47 AM) View Post
Assuming the spoilers are correct.
Iím feeling rather magnanimous today, so I will not be discussing the fact that:

1.     Iíd do Anything is rigged (even if it isnít, I must believe it is in order to preserve what little respect I have left for the ďpopularĒ vote,

2.     ALW is about as consistent in his criticism as English weather,

3.     Denise Van Outan needs to return to acting school to brush up on her crocodile tear production,

4.     Cameron Macintosh added about as much spice to the Nancy debate as ketchup adds flavor to filet mignone

5.     Only a phone bank with speed re-dialing in Bangladesh could explain how Jesse was not in the bottom two,

6.     Iíd Do Anything has taken comic farce to an entirely new plane of absurdity,

7.     Again, since Iím feeling magnanimous today, Iíll say nothing about Barry Humphries.

I really only dropped by to point out the obvious travesty of Rachael leaving the show which ironically did more to expose the shaky credibility of the panel and the format of this show, than anything I could write.  Just a reminder, ALW lead the standing ovation for Rachel, but true to his pocket book, saved Sam.  What courage.  Itís a shame we donít have a higher title in this country than Lord; he clearly deserves at least an Iron Cross for West End valor!

I agree with you.  I would love to know how Jessie avoided being in the bottom two also. However, it seems a lot of folk like her.  

I think the show will be strange though. I tried to picture Mr Bean as Fagin and Owen from Torchwood playing opposite Jessie. Isn't she taller than Burn? Very peculiar. However, it will probably be a hit because folk will go simply because of the TV show, which is the whole reason for it to start with. As a massive publicity campaign it is a great success.

#49 pilgrim

pilgrim

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE(TimothyWiney @ May 25 2008, 09:47 AM) View Post
I would just like to wish Rachael and Sarah every good fortune, even though they shouldn't need it. In a rational world, their luck would have already been made by their sweat and talent, not won by chance. My fatherly side wants to tell Sarah and Rachael to quit show business altogether, where my selfish side is setting up a savings account to fund anything they may be in, and I mean anything (except Oliver).

Just watched Rachel's performance again - admittedly one very bum note and she's never been my favourite (that was Sarah!), and admittedly I didn't vote for her ( unsure.gif ) - I'd maybe have voted for Jodie had I not long ago lost faith in the whole process - but blow me down flat if she should have gone based on anything we saw or heard last night! Ah well.... That's Entertainment...

#50 elphy

elphy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:29 PM

if it is true trhat it was betweesm and rachael and rachael went... then ALW is an even bigger twit than ui thought.. letting a great actress singer and dancer go.. to the young insolent and boring SAM.. well i ahve lost respet for him and the show and now JODIE TO WIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users