• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#51 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE(TimothyWiney @ May 25 2008, 09:47 AM) View Post
Assuming the spoilers are correct.

I'm feeling rather magnanimous today, so I will not be discussing the fact that:

1. I'd do Anything is rigged (even if it isn't, I must believe it is in order to preserve what little respect I have left for the "popular" vote,

2. ALW is about as consistent in his criticism as English weather,

3. Denise Van Outan needs to return to acting school to brush up on her crocodile tear production,

4. Cameron Macintosh added about as much spice to the Nancy debate as ketchup adds flavor to filet mignone

5. Only a phone bank with speed re-dialing in Bangladesh could explain how Jesse was not in the bottom two,

6. I'd Do Anything has taken comic farce to an entirely new plane of absurdity,

7. Again, since I'm feeling magnanimous today, I'll say nothing about Barry Humphries.

I really only dropped by to point out the obvious travesty of Rachael leaving the show which ironically did more to expose the shaky credibility of the panel and the format of this show, than anything I could write. Just a reminder, ALW lead the standing ovation for Rachel, but true to his pocket book, saved Sam. What courage. It's a shame we don't have a higher title in this country than Lord; he clearly deserves at least an Iron Cross for West End valor!

I must say that I observed a little exasperation on the part of John Barrowman at the increasingly vacillating and inconsistent criticism of the panel, particularly since Sarah's departure. I congratulate him for having the honesty to call a flopping fish by name when he sees one. The truthful, but nonetheless disturbing imagry John's flopping fish stirred up, has, however, forever ruined the Spongebob Squarepants song for me. It will be very interesting to see if the cameras pan out as they always seem to do when ALW takes the low road yet again, and saves Sam. I have nothing against Sam; I think she is an excellent singer and dramatically mature beyond her years in many ways. I personally think she should go back to school, cultivate her voice, and emerge as a super star. I know Simon Cowell would agree with me. Speaking of Simon, what the hell is ALW doing in the States? I have a feeling he has a very sinister scheme up his sleeve and is trying to leverage himself using American Idol. I know you are a savvy businessman Simon, but be wary of ALW; he strikes me as uniquely devious.

I would just like to wish Rachael and Sarah every good fortune, even though they shouldn't need it. In a rational world, their luck would have already been made by their sweat and talent, not won by chance. My fatherly side wants to tell Sarah and Rachael to quit show business altogether, where my selfish side is setting up a savings account to fund anything they may be in, and I mean anything (except Oliver).

I agree with everything you have said!  I have lost a lot of respect for ALW over the last few weeks and that is all I will say about him, having said that I don't have a lot of respect for the entire panel after last night.  

I am extremely disappointed to hear that Rachel has gone but I think it could be good for her in a way because she is much too good for Nancy.  She deserves something much bigger where she can really shine.  Does anyone agree and which part does everyone think she could play?

#52 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:29 PM

Apparently (source, DS) Sam also got the lowest amount of votes huh.gif

and Cameron walked off when Andrew announced his choice.

I can't help but think that if Cameron was that bothered by how it was going to work out with Andrew's decisions, he should of come onto the panel from the start.

He obviously doesn't want Jodie in the role, and yet she's coming out on top every week. He wanted Rachel in the final as a back-up, and Jessie and Sam to battle for the young vote.

Now Sam has been proven unpopular sad.gif , Rachel has gone, and he only has Jessie (who was probably his second choice) to possibly overthrow Jodie.

I would be surprised if Jodie didn't win now.
And annoyed.
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#53 Guest_Guest_George_*_*

Guest_Guest_George_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(allthatjazz @ May 25 2008, 02:35 PM) View Post
I agree with everything you have said!  I have lost a lot of respect for ALW over the last few weeks and that is all I will say about him, having said that I don't have a lot of respect for the entire panel after last night.  

I am extremely disappointed to hear that Rachel has gone but I think it could be good for her in a way because she is much too good for Nancy.  She deserves something much bigger where she can really shine.  Does anyone agree and which part does everyone think she could play?

I never had any respect for ALW to loose as I have met him. I hope someone offers Rachel a real good meaty part. She deserves it.

#54 Guest_Poppy_*

Guest_Poppy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

I had the result texted to me last night by a friend in the audience, and tbh I was quite surprised. Less so about Rachel being in the bottom two, more about the fact Sam received less votes than Jessie.

mancsethcohen (hi peter) has a point when he said the TT is going to distract people from voting, because I can imagine the majority of Sam-voters are indeed from the rock. Does anyone else think Sam being in the bottom two has effectively stopped her being in the running for winner? I always assumed she was the safest of the three, but now she was in the sing-off I'm not so sure...

Come on people - vote for Sam!!

#55 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(Poppy @ May 25 2008, 04:50 PM) View Post
I had the result texted to me last night by a friend in the audience, and tbh I was quite surprised. Less so about Rachel being in the bottom two, more about the fact Sam received less votes than Jessie.

mancsethcohen (hi peter) has a point when he said the TT is going to distract people from voting, because I can imagine the majority of Sam-voters are indeed from the rock. Does anyone else think Sam being in the bottom two has effectively stopped her being in the running for winner? I always assumed she was the safest of the three, but now she was in the sing-off I'm not so sure...

Come on people - vote for Sam!!

Jessie should not have got more votes. Just. No.
Hi =]
I thought she was always safe as well. Maybe because Graham always put her through first. Damn this 'in no particular order' confusing us!
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#56 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:06 PM

I am finding all these cutting remarks about the girls really ugly........ I would hate to think that they may read the pitiless, demoralising and hurtful insults and bullying comments posted.  

All the girls are talented so stop the nastiness.   angry.gif

I blame the bloody british public, telephone voting is rubbish look at the UK's so called winning eurovision song !!!!!

#57 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 25 2008, 05:06 PM) View Post
I blame the bloody british public, telephone voting is rubbish look at the UK's so called winning eurovision song !!!!!

You can't really call Eurovision "voting", it's just politics. Hence why we always lose pathetically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users