#1 meerkat

meerkat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:45 PM

Hi peeps!

Have been so busy this last year- havent been on here for absolutely ages.

Did anyone see this at the Battersea Barge this week?
I know I could be a lion tamer,
I've always gotten along with cats

#2 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:37 AM

Edinburgh Fringe musical about a moustached 20th-century dictator.  Now where have I heard that before?...

http://www.independe...nge-588150.html
Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

#3 Guest_Jennie Scott_*

Guest_Jennie Scott_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

I saw it at Battersea Barge. Cracking piece of work - genuinely funny and all the girls and the one guy in it were bang on form. Bold, eclectic, and with brilliantly arranged music. I will go and see it again when I'm up in Edinburgh and see how they're doing. I'd say that if they carry on publicising it, they could be the cream of the Edinburgh crop. Top 5 Fringe.

#4 Guest_Michelle_*

Guest_Michelle_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

I saw this at the first preview held at Trinity and thought it was amazing! One of the funniest things I have seen in a long time and the cast were very professional and talented! It is a must see at the Edinburgh Fringe!

#5 Guest_Jack L_*

Guest_Jack L_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:49 PM

Saw the preview thought it was fantastic. It was one of the most hilarious things i have seen in a long time! I hope there are more london previews or at least follow up shows after Edinburgh as I am unable to make the fringe this year. Good luck to the cast, a really interesting piece of new musical theatre, a definete must see for all theatre lovers. I hope they have a successfull run in Edinburgh.

#6 meerkat

meerkat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

Have now booked to see this -it is  similar to the fringe musical Austentatious - in that it parodies other musicals- I'll write a review of  this and everything else I see on the Edinburgh page when I return.
I know I could be a lion tamer,
I've always gotten along with cats

#7 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

View Postmeerkat, on 07 August 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

Have now booked to see this -it is  similar to the fringe musical Austentatious - in that it parodies other musicals- I'll write a review of  this and everything else I see on the Edinburgh page when I return.

Please do, Meerkat, as I wasn't able to fit the show into my schedule in the end.  I did say hello to some of the cast, who I saw in their hoodies in the excellent Clockwork Orange at C venues.
Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users