Rachel's Performance Tonight

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_Guest_sally_*_*

Guest_Guest_sally_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(allthatjazz @ May 30 2008, 12:02 PM) View Post
What's wrong with being pleased and relieved?

There's nothing wrong with being pleased and relieved. However, there is something wrong in being a bit rude and disrespectful. Which, in my opinion, was Jessie's reaction to not being in the sing off. Of course, everyone has a different way of showing emotion. I just think it was a bit thoughtless to do that standing right next to Sam, who'd just found out that she was in the sing off.

#52 Thatguyp

Thatguyp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:00 PM

You don't think that perhaps Jessie's display was a reaction to the fact that the public had shown their disdain for the disgraceful manner in which Barrowman had belittled her??? huh.gif  I, personally, didn't LIKE her reaction...but I can understand it. She's a very confused and emotionally charged young lady at the moment! I certainly don't believe that she had any intention to be deliberately 'rude and disrespectful'.

#53 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(Thatguyp @ May 30 2008, 02:00 PM) View Post
You don't think that perhaps Jessie's display was a reaction to the fact that the public had shown their disdain for the disgraceful manner in which Barrowman had belittled her??? huh.gif I, personally, didn't LIKE her reaction...but I can understand it. She's a very confused and emotionally charged young lady at the moment! I certainly don't believe that she had any intention to be deliberately 'rude and disrespectful'.

Because she is confused and emotionally charged does not mean she wasn't rude and disrespectful. It's all very well saying she is young and naive -- but I don't see how, or why, that should excuse behavior that I wouldn't tolerate in a ten-year-old. I also don't see why I should excuse behavior that wouldn't be tolerated in the other, older contestants on the same show.

<rant on the way>
I find this whole line of argument very frustrating. Yes, she is younger than most of the contestants. Perhaps she is insecure, although I don't know - seems to me one would need to be fairly self-confident in order to enter this competition in the first place, and I'm not certain what it is she's saying or doing on this show that would make anyone perceive her as more insecure than any other (older) contestant. Surely we can't give her a pass just because she's 18. At what point are we allowed to treat her as an adult, just like the other contestants?

Note, I am NOT saying treating her like an adult equals taking cheap pot-shots at the girl. But for crying out loud, she's competing for a West End role in a tough and often thankless profession. And that kind of behavior is not going to endear her to most people in ANY profession. It WAS rude and disrespectful, and rather thoughtless to those who were in the sing-off, and I think it's right that people are calling her on that behavior. If she doesn't know how to control rude and disrespectful behavior, she needs to learn, not get an excuse for being confused and emotionally charged. (What about the feelings of the two in the sing-off?)

<rant over>
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users