808 replies to this topic

#381 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

Apparently they had to delay filming because of Sacha Baron Cohen loosing his voice.

http://www.metro.co....osing-his-voice

#382 elissa

elissa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

The Thenadier scenes were the last ones to be shot.

One another note, Anne Hathaway recently talked on TV about shooting the hair cutting scene. Apparently it was her  idea to use her own hair, but most of it was actually not cut by the actress playing the hair hag, but by her hairstylist dressed in the hag's costume :D

#383 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

Thought you'd appreciate this behind-the-scenes "extended look" at the flick:
My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html

#384 David J

David J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

This shows more or less why Anne Hathaway's I Dreamed a Dream works within the film

It does not feel theatrical or sound as though the singing was recorded somewhere else. Instead it feels and sounds natural within the world of the film

I have also seen this Japanese poster that has been out for a while. Apparently the creator is a Les Miz fan

http://aarontveit.ne...p_display_media
My reviews can also be found at "A Night at the Theatre"

http://www.anightatthetheatre.co.uk/

#385 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

I'm very impressed by that, and appreciating Anne Hathaway's take on IDAD even more now.  All the leads shown in that clip sound great, and the production looks impressive too.

Very excited to see this now!

#386 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

Looks amazing. If even the trailer brings a tear to the eye...

#387 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

I really like the new trailer and am looking forward to this. I love the music but the show isn't my favourite as I find the storyline hard going and not easy to follow. I'm hoping the film will be easier for me to follow. I believe the stage show is sung through - does anyone know if the film will be the same? I'm not sure how that would work in the cinema.
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#388 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

The film is not entirely sung through, but they have said they are keeping as close as they can with it still working as a film!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#389 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for replying, sounds interesting! I would have thought more straight acting parts rather than completely sung through would appeal more to non-theatre goers, and may help me with the storyline (although saying that, there's a very detailed synopsis on Wikipedia that I think I'll study before seeing this).
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#390 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

I don't really see what's supposed to be so intimidating about the storyline?! Especially considering the film can work the magic of close-ups etc. that the stage production can't rely on... If ten year olds can sit through the show and follow the plot surely the same can be expected from the target audience here...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users