808 replies to this topic

#41 Stage Hand

Stage Hand

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

I thought Amy Adams in Enchanted had a decent voice. If they have any sense they should give fantine to Indina Menzel. He Glee version of I dreamed a dream would have nailed any audtion.

#42 Elliott

Elliott

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:48 AM

http://lesmis.com/ne..._les_miserables

In case anyone was doubting the word of BroadwayWorld, here's the Official press release confirming Hugh Jackman as Valjean, Russell Crowe as Javert, Tom Hooper (The King's Speech) as Director, William Nicholson (Gladiator, Elizabeth: The Golden Age) as Script Writer and a US release date of December 7, 2012.
Blood Brothers, Chicago, End of the Rainbow, Ghost, Hair, Hairspray (UK Tour), Legally Blonde X2, Les MisÚrables X3, The Lion King, Matilda, The Phantom of the Opera, Spamalot (UK Tour), Sister Act, Sweeney Todd (Chichester), We Will Rock You, Wicked X3

#43 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

It has already been announced that she has been offered the part but is still undecided as to play her or not!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#44 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

So, this little teaser photo has appeared on twitter....seemingly out of nowhere! http://pic.twitter.com/4rVDsE0U

I should think that it is most definitely fake as 1) It's a little too early for that, 2) The photo states a 2013 opening, whereas articles are initially expecting a 2012 opening, 3) Hugh Jackman looks too much like Wolverine superimposed (if it's not just Jackman's head on another body...) and 4) The website given at the bottom, doesn't work. I checked!

Anyway, whether this photo is fake or if it is actually real - I really quite like it! Thoughts?
Somebody crowd me with love, Somebody force me to care,
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there, As frightened as you, of Being Alive.

#45 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:36 PM

View Postmusicalmadness, on 18 September 2011 - 01:00 PM, said:

So, this little teaser photo has appeared on twitter....seemingly out of nowhere! http://pic.twitter.com/4rVDsE0U

I should think that it is most definitely fake as 1) It's a little too early for that, 2) The photo states a 2013 opening, whereas articles are initially expecting a 2012 opening, 3) Hugh Jackman looks too much like Wolverine superimposed (if it's not just Jackman's head on another body...) and 4) The website given at the bottom, doesn't work. I checked!

Anyway, whether this photo is fake or if it is actually real - I really quite like it! Thoughts?

To be honest the only big giveaway for me is the 24601 - is it on the jacket? Or is it on his chest as it goes over both. But I wouldn't have known he looks like wolverine as I haven't actually seen it. And as for the date it could end up up being delayed for a few months so apart from the 24601 I would have thought it was real!

#46 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

View Postjamescrispy94, on 18 September 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

To be honest the only big giveaway for me is the 24601 - is it on the jacket? Or is it on his chest as it goes over both. But I wouldn't have known he looks like wolverine as I haven't actually seen it. And as for the date it could end up up being delayed for a few months so apart from the 24601 I would have thought it was real!

Ah, I got the impression that the '24601' isn't supposed to be the actual stamp across his chest, but more like of the many tag-lines they could use for the film, such as the 'Look Down' underneath it. I'm not quite sure how to actually explain it but it's separate from Jackman, printed over his picture - not part of him. I hope that makes sense! lol :)
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there, As frightened as you, of Being Alive.

#47 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

Same picture as Wolverine.
;) It's still quite well-made.

#48 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

View PostCactus, on 18 September 2011 - 01:43 PM, said:

Same picture as Wolverine.
;) It's still quite well-made.

Ah ha! Thank you for that....I had thought as much. Well made indeed though! I can just imagine now the disappointment when the real posters don't match this one ;) Though I'm pretty sure that won't happen haha

#49 sjh11

sjh11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:35 PM

View Postcat123, on 01 September 2011 - 12:42 AM, said:

I'm not to worried that it won't be sung through like the show.

Agree with these views, as what works for the theatre won't necessarily work for movies. Look at Sunset Boulevard and the continued rumours of a movie version of that musical - having listened to the score for the first time in a few years recently, there is no way in my view that they cold film it sung-through - it is just 'too much' for a movie going audience.

#50 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:49 AM

It is a fake and this is the designer of the poster

Designers website
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users