#421 applause2

applause2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Have you read the screenplay?

It was released by an official Universal site, supposedly meant for their FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION (FYC) campaign for various awards bodies.

http://www.universal..._screenplay.pdf

I thought it was an exhilarating, compelling, and highly emotional read!

#422 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

View Postapplause2, on 19 October 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

Have you read the screenplay?

It was released by an official Universal site, supposedly meant for their FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION (FYC) campaign for various awards bodies.

http://www.universal..._screenplay.pdf

I thought it was an exhilarating, compelling, and highly emotional read!

Wow. Needed tissues just  reading  just the screenplay. They  will need to hand out boxes with the popcorn.

#423 applause2

applause2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

It looks like you can no longer access it via that link.

Hope some of you were able to read it earlier.

#424 Carmella1

Carmella1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

SPOILERS

I was able to read it earlier.  They certainly changed Enjorlas' death.  It will not have the emotional impact of the musical, with the revolve and his body draped in the red flag,  but it would be hard to do.  But this is really different.

#425 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

SPOILERS

View PostCarmella1, on 20 October 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

I was able to read it earlier.  They certainly changed Enjorlas' death.  It will not have the emotional impact of the musical, with the revolve and his body draped in the red flag,  but it would be hard to do.  But this is really different.

They've actually taken Enjolras' and Grantaire's death scene from the book, which I think is great!!
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#426 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

I skimmed through it earlier, am I right in thinking they've switched the order of a few songs so that On My Own now comes before One Day More?

#427 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

Would it make sense to all of you if I said that some people don't want to know how it was adapted yet and would rather wait for the film to come out than to get all the desriptions beforehand from those who have read the screenplay?

#428 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostCactus, on 20 October 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Would it make sense to all of you if I said that some people don't want to know how it was adapted yet and would rather wait for the film to come out than to get all the desriptions beforehand from those who have read the screenplay?

Of course, though it was released into the public domain so I don't think we're wrong in talking about per se, and I was only asking a question.  Anyone who's happy to answer it feel free to private message me.

#429 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

View Postposter J, on 20 October 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

Of course, though it was released into the public domain so I don't think we're wrong in talking about per se, and I was only asking a question.  Anyone who's happy to answer it feel free to private message me.
It's not wrong - however, while it was released publicly, discussing the details of the adaptation, cuts and additions from the book etc. might easily spoil the experience of watching the film for some who would rather wait to enjoy it as it's supposed to be watched and not hear about all of those aspects beforehand... (and I believe it's possible to use a code for spoiler tags on here so that'd make it easier!)

#430 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostCactus, on 20 October 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

(and I believe it's possible to use a code for spoiler tags on here so that'd make it easier!)

I've tagged two of the posts. Anyone else revealing plot details, please either use the proper spoiler tags or put SPOILERS at the start of the post so people not wanting details know to read no further.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users