808 replies to this topic

#431 Doogie Hoser

Doogie Hoser

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Either it was a publicity stunt or a big whoopsie that's gonna get somebody sacked, but the link to the screenplay is now dead.

#432 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

Just a thought, but isn't a thread titled les mis movie going to discuss the movie when its not been released. It seems fairly obvious that there will be spoilers in this thread as no one has seen it yet.

#433 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

There is a bit of a difference between discussing the film before its release when nobody has seen it and spoiling the details on what has been changed and re-arranged and the way the musical/book has been adapted ten or so weeks before people actually have a chance of watching it on screen because you read the leaked screenplay. I don't see why that is so difficult to understand to be quite honest...

#434 Carmella1

Carmella1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

Sorry, I did not think it would be considered a spoiler. But I am glad I now know what to expect and will not be disappointed at the viewing.

#435 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostCactus, on 20 October 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

(and I believe it's possible to use a code for spoiler tags on here so that'd make it easier!)

I didn't know there was, otherwise I would have used it, I do on other forums I frequent!

#436 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

View Poststevepearman, on 20 October 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

Just a thought, but isn't a thread titled les mis movie going to discuss the movie when its not been released. It seems fairly obvious that there will be spoilers in this thread as no one has seen it yet.

Its even more inevitable that a link to the screenplay will have details of the screenplay.The big thing is not to spoil whats in it by discussing it. Its probably a good thing they took it down quickly.

#437 next2normal

next2normal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

Re 'Spoilers' - Personally I think it's a bit of a non subject as most people on here will know the show inside out and no matter how inventive they get with the screenplay it's still Les Mis.

P.s. 'Les Miz' with a Z makes my blood boil. :)

#438 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

View Postnext2normal, on 21 October 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

P.s. 'Les Miz' with a Z makes my blood boil. :)
Me too!
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#439 applause2

applause2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Latest buzz is that the movie may be all of three hours long!

https://twitter.com/...860872673591296

Having read the screenplay, this sounds quite credible.

#440 applause2

applause2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

And some updates from UNIVERSAL PICTURES top brass via Deadline Hollywood --

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/358432

It was in fact surprising to see so many studio heads attending and staying through most of the evening. Universal was especially well-represented with Chairman Adam Fogelson and co-Chairman Donna Langley and President Ron Meyer out in force supporting Apatow, and Les Miserables and Anna Karenina Producers Award winners Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner. At the reception Meyer could not contain his enthusiasm for Les Miz, telling me it totally delivers in every way you would hope a film version of a Broadway musical can. He is clearly excited about this one. I asked if he regretted moving the film from Dec 14 to Christmas Day in light of the Academy's announcement that voting dates for nominations are now December 17-Jan 3. "It's just the right kind of movie to open at Christmas. I think everyone will find a way to see it, " he said. Indeed Universal will be screening it extensively beginning Thanksgiving weekend. Meyer said the film is almost completely done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users