• Please log in to reply
808 replies to this topic

#471 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Bit dissapointed that Aaron is the only principle to be left out of the list for possible nominations :(
Enjolras is a good role so I don't see why they're not pushing him for consideration.
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#472 Annasette

Annasette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

I haven't looked in here for a while, so was then gutted to see that the Les Mis screenplay (shooting script) had been accessible and that I had apparently missed it. But, just in case, I did a quick search and found a link to it. So am absolutely delighted to still be able to read it now! And I will relate it to the film in due course with great interest. So not that I am objecting (I think it adds to interest), but what a strange thing to do to publish it?

And thank you Elliot above for the Vogue quote. Doesn't that sound promising! I actually have a little bit of a quibble with certain voice issues on the trailer, but, overall, I think it looks amazing. Well done Tom Hooper! I think you might just have pulled off a bit of a coup, against a lot of people's expectations that it would be impossible to do it well enough. I'm really looking forward to it.. .

#473 Elliott

Elliott

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

View Postposter J, on 15 November 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

I was hoping they'd push Anne up into the Best Actress category to give the others a chance at Supporting, but I guess Fantine really isn't in it enough...

To be honest, I think their only real viable shot at winning a performance Oscar was to push Anne for Supporting Actress. Hugh has a good chance of being nominated for Best Actor but with the competition this year he won't win. Similarly, considering the size of Fantine's part, Anne doesn't have a shot of winning if she goes up as a leading role, but as Supporting Actress I think she has a very good chance of winning based on what we've seen so far and the buzz her performance in the trailers has generated.
Blood Brothers, Chicago, End of the Rainbow, Ghost, Hair, Hairspray (UK Tour), Legally Blonde X2, Les MisÚrables X3, The Lion King, Matilda, The Phantom of the Opera, Spamalot (UK Tour), Sister Act, Sweeney Todd (Chichester), We Will Rock You, Wicked X3

#474 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

Supporting would give her a better shot of winning but it depends who's nominated.

#475 Doogie Hoser

Doogie Hoser

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

Also I think they're pushing her for best actress for Dark Knight.  It may have been a deal between studios or whatever.

#476 Richey

Richey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

BEST ORIGINAL SONG - "Suddenly", performed by Hugh Jackman

Have I missed something? Does this mean they've added a new song?

#477 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

View PostRichey, on 16 November 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

BEST ORIGINAL SONG - "Suddenly", performed by Hugh Jackman

Have I missed something? Does this mean they've added a new song?

Yep. It was in the screenplay released. BIT of a montage song. :)
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

#478 Elliott

Elliott

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostDoogie Hoser, on 16 November 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

Also I think they're pushing her for best actress for Dark Knight.

I've heard that too, but I think it's very unlikely she will be nominated.
Blood Brothers, Chicago, End of the Rainbow, Ghost, Hair, Hairspray (UK Tour), Legally Blonde X2, Les MisÚrables X3, The Lion King, Matilda, The Phantom of the Opera, Spamalot (UK Tour), Sister Act, Sweeney Todd (Chichester), We Will Rock You, Wicked X3

#479 sandeman

sandeman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Worked in professional theatre for over 20 years.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

UK release date Friday 11th January 2013

#480 Horton

Horton

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

I love all this prognosticating from people who have yet to see the film.
It's not so much do what you like, as it is that you like what you do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users