808 replies to this topic

#531 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

exactly, it will also benefit from the run up to oscars buzz throughout jan and feb.

#532 les mis lover

les mis lover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

Had email today from my local cinema confirming they are now taking bookings for 11th Jan 2013 and following week.

#533 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Some cast interviews are starting to come out, this is the only longer one I've found so far.  It features Hugh, Anne, Amanda, Eddie and Sam:

#534 sandeman

sandeman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Worked in professional theatre for over 20 years.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hugh Jackman is on Lorraine on Wednesday morning

#535 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

I've been really impressed with what I've seen so far, I'm still slightly concerned about Russell's 'Stars'. I think Eddie is going to get some high praise indeed for his performance, and him and Amanda make one good looking couple.

One little thing is annoying me. In the trailer Marius asks Eponine "Who is that girl?" and she tells him that its Cosette, yet in the clip we saw he sings, "I do not even know your name..".
My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html

#536 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

View PostAlf, on 04 December 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

I've been really impressed with what I've seen so far, I'm still slightly concerned about Russell's 'Stars'. I think Eddie is going to get some high praise indeed for his performance, and him and Amanda make one good looking couple.

One little thing is annoying me. In the trailer Marius asks Eponine "Who is that girl?" and she tells him that its Cosette, yet in the clip we saw he sings, "I do not even know your name..".

The who is that girl line is cut from the movie

#537 Annasette

Annasette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

I envy you having seen the film already, Rooster Byron. Where did you see it?

Out of curiosity, then, does the combination of the very fact that you have seen the film early and that you are able to confirm the cut of those words about Cosette's name in the film, as opposed to the clip (in the throws of a single(?) view of a film, I am not too sure that detail would have been noticed), indicate that you may actually be connected to it in some way? Very interesting if you are. Are you?

But aside from that, I have to say that I have empathy with your trying to steer prematurely judgemental attitudes in a more appropriate direction too. It obviously helps to be able to speak from the perspective of having actually seen the film, but judgementalism on the basis of inadequate or non-existent knowledge is always something that irritates me (whatever the issue). But it was gently done and appropriate, even if I am wondering a tiny bit (interested, probably better word) re you motivation. .

#538 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostAnnasette, on 05 December 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

But aside from that, I have to say that I have empathy with your trying to steer prematurely judgemental attitudes in a more appropriate direction too. It obviously helps to be able to speak from the perspective of having actually seen the film, but judgementalism on the basis of inadequate or non-existent knowledge is always something that irritates me (whatever the issue). But it was gently done and appropriate, even if I am wondering a tiny bit (interested, probably better word) re you motivation. .
Criticising something isn't exactly the same as being judgemental, though, especially if it's based on clips that have been released. I didn't realise there was some rule that everyone must always love everything no matter what their honest impressions are.

#539 chinatoy

chinatoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Thank you Poster J for those clips, I was very pleased to get a litle insight.

On the whole I would say it's very difficult to get a real flavour as clips are notorious for giving the viewer/listener an impression which seeing the film in its entirity changes dramatically.

On the face of it the star of the fillm for me is by far Anne Hathaway. I'm pretty underwhelmed by Russell Crowe but I admit I  have never been a fan of his. Perhaps my mind will be changed on seeing the movie. Hugh Jackman's acting is suberb but again he isn't hitting my buttons vocally. It's difficult because a movie is a totally different ball park to the stage.

I can hardly hear Marius but Amanda Seyfried is working for me despite the fact I am not over fond of Cosette's role.

I would go and see this for Anne Hathwaway alone. She really blows me away on every level, very much looking forward to seeing the whole film now :)

#540 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

Photos from tonights premiere up on broadwayworld. Sam Barks has arrived...wow...movie star in waiting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users