808 replies to this topic

#591 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Got sent this. (caution, contains the s word)

http://www.thepoke.c...-mis-honest.jpg

#592 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

View Postcat123, on 11 December 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

I just think it will be different, but just as good. I think I'll be able to separate the two when I'm watching the movie. I hope! Unlike when the Rock of Ages film came out, I'm not as heavily invested in the show or the cast so I think I'll be able to be more objective

Depends a bit where you sit in the show?  From row A or F it may not look so different. You also have many of the  same cast looking at you. One of the  interviews has Eddie/Marius talking about how he eventually twigged that the students around him had all played on a les Mis stage and Alistair had actually played his character and could offer him ideas.  The casting of everyone but the top leads has  been a bit left out of the coverage. it looks as if the quality  shows in the ensemble  singing,  and its going to be really interesting for example  to hear the Eponines singing Lovely Ladies and Cosettes  and a Matilda  singing Turning.One difference I will be interested in is how much its been secularsed, and how it works without so much of its religious overtones.

#593 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

I didn't know about the secularisation.Isn't it all about redemption?How will they secularise that?

#594 CWorrall29

CWorrall29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

I've just seen a track listing of the soundtrack and there's no 'A Little Fall of Rain.' Anyone know why this is?

#595 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

I think the soundtrack might be a 'highlights' from, can't be sure on that. It is in the film though.

#596 Stage Hand

Stage Hand

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Nooooo!! Can any one confirm whether this is in the film. i would find this hard to believe they left this song out

#597 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Yes it is in the film. I've seen it, it's really nicely done.

#598 Carmella1

Carmella1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

One Day More video which Broadwayworld posted.  I feel a little half and half about this.  Its nicely done but for me lacks power and depth.

http://broadwayworld...hp?colid=439556

#599 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostCarmella1, on 19 December 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

One Day More video which Broadwayworld posted.  I feel a little half and half about this.  Its nicely done but for me lacks power and depth.

http://broadwayworld...hp?colid=439556

Marius is Ok? Cosette is as good as  a lot of stage Cosettes? Thenardiers are OK  and  more intelligible than most stage versions ?  Valjean is Ok? It sounds much better with the  ensemble involved. They needed more ensemble  at the end and, like the  stage show since 2010,  its lacking a big enough soprano high as a finale  at the  end?

Sam Barks is class.

Javert meanders and isn't at all convincing for me - I would have borrowed Earl Carpenter and cheated there or at least put someone elses vocal track over his after its first outing. .

#600 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

http://broadwayworld...hp?colid=435152

There's an interview with Samantha further down the same page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users