#761 shane54

shane54

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Hi,

Can you help me? I'm looking for the song "Bring Him Home" from Les Mis O2 (Valjean Quartet)
I live in Hungary and it isn't available in the Amazon and hungarian Itunes, I don't understand why. Posted Image

If you can send me the song, it would be great.

Thanks in advance,

http://castalbums.or...et/2196<br /> 9

#762 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

There are quite a few people selling it on ebay. I am sure some of them will deliver to Hungary.

#763 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

The soundtrack is now Number 1 in the UK chart

#764 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Saw this today. Mixed feelings.

As a spectacle, very impressive. Worthy of all the nominations and awards it is probably going to win by the end of the year.

Anne Hathaway and Eddie Redmayne were outstanding. Pure brilliance every single time the camera was on them: the emotion seeped outwards and I found myself really caught up in it. Would be worthy of any personal accolade. Two of my very favourite moments in the film were I Dreamed A Dream and Empty Chairs and they are the sole reasons why. Zoomed in on their faces, you are right there with them. So powerful.

Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe are both fantastic actors and they were believable; I bought in to their interpretations and their journies. But they just didn't do it for me vocally. Sure, they can sing in tune and all that, but having seen the stage show and heard such wonderful performances from the likes of Jones, Lewis, Karimloo, Fraser, Rauch and Mutu, their vocals were nothing in comparison. They lacked any power and any 'wow' factor. Bring Him Home is one of my favourite songs and it was just squirmingly awkward listening to Jackman's version. They both struggled (but then perhaps understandably, as neither are singers!). All of the party I saw it with felt the same.

Loved Samantha Barks as Eponine but she seemed to have a much lesser role than on stage. Her voice is so pure and natural and was a joy to listen to. Thought the change of On My Own to before DYHTPS and One Day More was well thought out and worked perfectly.

Amanda Seyfried was alright as Cosette. There's no doubt she can sing but I wasn't overly fond of her characterisation and I found her oddly quite plain and forced.

I liked Aaron Tveit as Enjolras but there was nothing overtly different about his portrayal and sometimes I felt he merely faded into the background along with the other men on the barricades. Marius clearly wore the trousers (pardon the pun) in the pair and in the show they are much more like equals.

Enjoyed Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen as the Thernardiers immensely. As others have noted on here, their roles are swung more towards light relief in the motion picture and I agreed with this change in character direction. I found them both genuinely amusing and loved the way the Master of the House scene was done in particular, very clever.

Young Cosette and Gavroche were wonderful. Apologies for not knowing their names but they should be so proud. Glad Gavroche got a fair bit of screen time in particular. Special mention too to Colm Wilkinson who is just the epitome of Les Miserables. He just looks right and did the Bishop more than justice. Lovely touch that he was there right at the end too.

It was great fun also playing spot the West End performer thoughout: with Kerry Ellis, Alexia Khadime, Alice Fearn, Gina Beck, Hadley Fraser, Killian Donnelly, Fra Fee and Michael Jibson being among the many I saw.

On the whole very enjoyable and was very well made and thought out. But if you offered me tickets to the stage show or the film, I'll take the live theatre every time.
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#765 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Just saw this and about to write a review but JD094 has beaten me to it as agree completely!

Enjoyed the film but it just made me want to see the stage show again. I understand the decision to make it more naturalistic with actors rather than singers but how I missed the singing! So many of the numbers started with talking into the number almost as if they were afraid the audience would not cope with a musical number.

Stand out performances for me were Anne Hathaway, Eddie Redmayne and Samantha Barks. I thought Russel Crowe looked uncomfortable thoughtout.

Although the film looked terrific I thought some of it was strangely stagey - especially the barracade scenes on the studio street which looked like a Universal theme park tour.

Overall I enjoyed the film - the score is superb (although the new song added nothing) but I just want to revisit the stage show again now.

#766 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

I thought it was amazing. I was never really taken by the stage show (too much Michael Ball or too much Michael Ball impersonators for my taste!). I missed the full version of Turning but adored the funeral sequence and the People singing. All the other new additions to plot seemed well placed and really helped to clarify the story – in a way I’d never seen before.

Hugh Jackman, Ann Hathaway, Eddie Redmayne were excellent and I adored all the cameos from the West End and of course Colm Wilkinson

I was a gibbering wreck for at least the last hour …possibly the best film musical I’ve seen.

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#767 sandeman

sandeman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Worked in professional theatre for over 20 years.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Am in Southern Spain at the moment so saw the Spanish version yesterday (sung in English with Spanish subtitles but dialogue in Spanish).  This is the third time I have seen the film and was a bit lukewarm about it to start with but now I've got used to the fact that it's not on a West End stage I love it more and more with each viewing. I saw it when it first opened at the Barbican and have worked on it in various guises since but it still makes me shed a tear! Surely it must get at least one Oscar.  And the best thing is that it's opened up the field for more movie musicals (Camack says Miss Saigon?) having proved that they can be sung live and that awful dubbing used in the Phantom of the Opera film is a thing of the past.

And the Spanish audience loved it!  First time I have been to a cinema here where no-one moved during the entire time and women cried!

#768 Doogie Hoser

Doogie Hoser

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

Why I Walked Out on Les Mis

http://www.telegraph...Miserables.html

I'm down with her point of view.

#769 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostDoogie Hoser, on 22 January 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

Why I Walked Out on Les Mis

http://www.telegraph...Miserables.html

I'm down with her point of view.

That reviewer seems to be suffering under the illusion that she's entitled to expect completely perfect vocals in a carbon copy of the West End show, and big belting all the time instead of changes.

#770 Stage Hand

Stage Hand

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

This version of les Mis was never going to be about the purity of excellent singing that was apparent when the cast was annouced. A balance between maximaxing globe exposure,particularly to new viewers and keeping the majority of fans hsppy. I think it came close to doing that. in fact i enjoyed it more because of it just being different and would welcome a new film adaptation. Yes there are talented film actors that are great singers, but if Brad pitt was locally no better or worse than jackman and was in the running with jackman for the part of VJ i wonder who Cam would have cast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users