#1 maymay

maymay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:34 AM

Dear All

Looking back on my posts last  night  I  realise I  went too far in some of them. I  am not really a bitch, I am hot headed (its the Irish), I  do  say/post  before thinking so to all those I  upset I apologise and to all those who realised where I was coming from, thank you. I will now slope off &  cool down sad.gif

oh & I will try & remember  to use spell checker wink.gif

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:44 AM

Apology accepted, well done

#3 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:18 AM

It's ok, we all have our moments. At least you have the guts to apologise, that's the important thing.    smile.gif

#4 pilgrim

pilgrim

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(maymay @ May 25 2008, 11:34 AM) View Post
Dear All

Looking back on my posts last night I realise I went too far in some of them. I am not really a bitch sad.gif

I wouldn’t say you were a bitch, and I think that setting up a thread specifically to apologise shows real generosity of spirit. Thanks for a breath of fresh air! smile.gif

#5 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:18 PM

Hear, Hear

very mature and much appreciated

#6 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

Thanks maymay, it shows real character to stand up and admit to doing wrong like that, and you were by no means the only one involved in last night's unpleasantness. Your apology is much appreciated  smile.gif The comments below aren't specifically directed towards you (and I really must applaud you having the guts to stand up and apologise like that, not many people do), but this thread seems like a good place to address these things.

Last night marked a whole new level of nastiness for this board, and I came very close to deleting posts and/or locking threads on several occasions, but decided to sit back and see how it all played out, and eventually things calmed down.

Can I just say to everyone: just because you disagree with someone else's opinion doesn't mean that it's OK to start hurling abuse around. Next week is the final, which is bound to get people's feelings running even higher, so please try to not go overboard, don't call people names (is calling someone b**** really a constructive way to argue your point?) and don't let it get as vicious and nasty as it did this week. Thanks.

//Jenny
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users