- - - - -

Other Principal Casting News

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_Jonathan_*_*

Guest_Guest_Jonathan_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

Have heard that all offers for the other principal roles have been made but as yet there have been no official announcements. Rumours are that they are mostly established TV faces to obviously help boost appeal. Does anyone know anything for definate?

#2 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

CM confirmed Rowan Atkinson as Fagin on the show didn't he? He said something like a girl who could play against Rowan.

And I think the wide consensus is that Burn Gorman (Owen from Torchwood) is playing Bill Sykes?
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#3 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:20 PM

Rowan Atkinson was confirmed weeks ago.

no other announcements have been made.
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#4 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:23 PM

Given the nature of the show (lots of cameo roles), I doubt that many of the cast will be names that the public will know

#5 Annasette

Annasette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:33 PM

I think they would be quite foolish to officially confirm the likes of Bill Sykes before the identity of Nancy is known. The concept of Burn Gorman seems to be popular, but he would just be physically inappropriate should Jodie win. He would just be too small! Whatever plans are, all things can still change. And they already have the ticket selling advantage of Rowan Atkinson confirmed. Do they need more? Sales have been phenomenal already. And they still have 6 months to staging. There is no need to hurry to declare anything.

#6 Guest_Guest_paul_*_*

Guest_Guest_paul_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:28 PM

Don't see Burn Gorman as Bill Sykes. I don't think he looks physically right. He is too small. I think Danny Dyer's name was in the frame. I would prefer someone larger and more commanding.

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE(Annasette @ May 25 2008, 04:33 PM) View Post
I think they would be quite foolish to officially confirm the likes of Bill Sykes before the identity of Nancy is known. The concept of Burn Gorman seems to be popular, but he would just be physically inappropriate should Jodie win. He would just be too small! Whatever plans are, all things can still change. And they already have the ticket selling advantage of Rowan Atkinson confirmed. Do they need more? Sales have been phenomenal already. And they still have 6 months to staging. There is no need to hurry to declare anything.

I have also heard the name Burn Gorman for Bill Sykes, I have to say I like the look of him for the role but I have exactly the same opinion as you - he will look daft against Jodie as she would smack him one rather than be intimidated!! If he has been cast already, that might have had some influence on the decision ALW made on Sat! It does look like they might be going for a darker, edgy production.

#8 Jessie

Jessie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:10 PM

Just got this in an email:
Oliver! Open auditions in London on 14th June.  
Open auditions are being held for young boys for the role of The Artful Dodger plus Fagin's Gang and Workhouse Boys.
Auditions are being held for the role of The Artful Dodger (playing age 12 to 14) as well as Fagin's Gang and Workhouse Boys (playing age 8 to 14).  You should have strong singing, dancing and acting skills and need to be under 5 feet tall.  Voices must be unbroken. No fixed braces.
Open auditions in London on 14th June 2008 and you would need to be available from October 2008 to April 2009 (production opens December 2008).
Age Range
8 to 14
Payment Type
Not stated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users