#51 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE(Angie @ May 28 2008, 05:19 AM) View Post
I can't understand all the support for Jodie.  She is obviously a very good singer and a great personality, but I have strong doubts about her ability to play anyone but Jodie.

But then ... if she wins, won't most of the audience be going there to see Jodie?

Apologies in advance to all the spelling pedants out there - early in the morning - can't sleep

Damned storm woke me up three hours ago.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#52 Guest_angie_*

Guest_angie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ May 28 2008, 05:26 AM) View Post
But then ... if she wins, won't most of the audience be going there to see Jodie?
Damned storm woke me up three hours ago.

Bl***dy dog woke me!!!

Too true Matthew, if Jodie wins, then she has mandate from the public.  I will try and warm to her rather immobile performances - she was one I rooted for (amongst others) initially, but I'm just not convinced by her acting, although her voice is lovely.

Also, must confess (though this shouldn't be a secondary consideration) to being very put off by her family while queuing for the show a couple of weeks ago, and hearing her mother berate the crowd in front for wearing tee shirts supporting ' one of the young tarts who just shake their t*ts and hips at the judges'.  An unprovoked (they were standing silently) and unpleasant attack.  That is not, however. my main concern about Jodie, but try as I might it does reinforce any prejudice against her on my part, though I hope very much that Jodie herself would condemn such actions.

#53 Tintin

Tintin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

Lynette, you are so right. There is nothing more tiresome than having to work one's way through lazy, sloppy writing, which usually reflects the same sort of thinking.

Meanwhile, in spite of the Van Outen comment that Jessie is too tomboyish (or words to that effect), I think she is the sexiest thing about the whole show. A great singer too. However Jodie is closer to my idea of the character of Nancy, although I cannot help being reminded of Gracie Fields whenever she speaks. It was rather unfair of ALW to remark that she moved like a meatloaf, when Nancy does not really do much dancing in the show, and Jodie hasn't done too badly so far in the choreographic department.

In spite of all this, I can't help thinking that there must be many young pofessional performers, with loads of training and experience, who are far more talented than any of the girls in this show. And by the way, where is Connie Fisher now? Is there life after Andrew Lloyd-Webber's The Sound of Music?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users