Jodie Is Going To Win...guarenteed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Paul_* @ May 25 2008, 09:41 PM) View Post
Well you must know that an awful lot of people were being berated for incorrect spelling...........

well thats just perthetic! I don't think it really matters how people type! Ur just a sad f***er who wants to spell everything perfectly! I didn't come on here to have an english lesson thanks.. and im sure if your so familiar with this site then you would know that forums are for different topics and talking points..so why your changing the topics for something perthetic i will never know!

#22 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 25 2008, 11:21 PM) View Post
well thats just perthetic! I don't think it really matters how people type! Ur just a sad f***er who wants to spell everything perfectly! I didn't come on here to have an english lesson thanks.. and im sure if your so familiar with this site then you would know that forums are for different topics and talking points..so why your changing the topics for something perthetic i will never know!

What on earth is sad about wanting to get things right? Isn't that what showbusiness is all about? "We rehearsed till 4am going through the routine again and again until it was perfect" rather than "we rehearsed it a couple of times and thought it was good enough for the end of the pier and sat back and waited for the Olivier Award".

But maybe IDA isn't about getting it right.
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

#23 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE(Orchestrator @ May 25 2008, 10:52 PM) View Post
What on earth is sad about wanting to get things right? Isn't that what showbusiness is all about? "We rehearsed till 4am going through the routine again and again until it was perfect" rather than "we rehearsed it a couple of times and thought it was good enough for the end of the pier and sat back and waited for the Olivier Award".

i didnt mention show business did i! i mentioned typing an opinion! i just can't believe that people are getting a load of crap thrown at them because they made a few spelling errors. Well if you knew all about show business then wudn't you read someones opinion and judge the overall comment and reply to what you thought about that and whether you agreed or disagreed rather than a spelling error they'd made?

#24 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 25 2008, 10:06 PM) View Post
i didn't want my post to be perfect in punctuation! i do know how to spell ya know! or should i say "You know"  laugh.gif
aslong as you can understand each word, thats all that matters!

Do you know how to spell? Prove it--can't can you? Hence the irritated replies when anything connected with spelling is mentioned.

#25 Guest_AAA._*

Guest_AAA._*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 25 2008, 11:20 PM) View Post
i didnt mention show business did i! i mentioned typing an opinion! i just can't believe that people are getting a load of crap thrown at them because they made a few spelling errors. Well if you knew all about show business then wudn't you read someones opinion and judge the overall comment and reply to what you thought about that and whether you agreed or disagreed rather than a spelling error they'd made?

This doesn't make sense. However, as you are obviously very young {around 6} and up way past your bedtime ,we must all be very kind and make allowances.

#26 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:32 AM

This has gone far enough, this nastiness is going nowhere, and it needs to stop now, otherwise this thread will be locked.
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

#27 Guest_Guest_bob_*_*

Guest_Guest_bob_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(lucy @ May 25 2008, 09:01 PM) View Post
well i think its a load of rubbish if jodie wins the show! Yes, shes good and has talent but she is nowhere near a Nancy and looking at previous Nancys in films etc she doenst have the voice for Nancy, its much to cabaret! And thanks for posting because if its true u've just ruined it for everyone angry.gif

I agree Jodie would be a very poor choice. She is just not suited to what is after all a serious acting role and she cannot act particular in rolls that dont suite her personality.
The two serious acting scence she did she fared very badly in both they were the stunt scen which ws very unconvincing.  and the Fagin scene where she came across with a
Northern accent as well. Rachel in spite of her natural Belfast accent delivered a very convincing scene with a convincing London accent.

#28 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:32 AM

If you know about Jodie being the leader every week.

Do you know how big the gap is between Jessie and Sam?
Is it like, HUUUGGGEEE, or just like 500 votes?
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#29 pilgrim

pilgrim

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(Orchestrator @ May 25 2008, 11:52 PM) View Post

Not sure why it's taken me so long to see it unsure.gif , but (in terms of casting) I have come to that conclusion! It makes good, entertaining TV (or we wouldn't spend chunks of the weekend watching it and posting about it) but it really isn't the way to cast a show. That said - it is a way of advertising the specific show, and may be a way of encouraging people who otherwise would not consider it, to visit a theatre. And the shows have also provided work for winners and runners up alike...?

#30 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE(pilgrim @ May 26 2008, 01:11 PM) View Post
It makes good, entertaining TV (or we wouldn't spend chunks of the weekend watching it and posting about it) but it really isn't the way to cast a show. That said - it is a way of advertising the specific show, and may be a way of encouraging people who otherwise would not consider it, to visit a theatre. And the shows have also provided work for winners and runners up alike...?

If anything the runners up probably do better out of these shows than the winner, all of a sudden they're on the radar and can choose what they want to do out of the offers they get as a result of that. I kind of doubt that all of the girls who are/have been on the show genuinely "just want to be Nancy...please please please it's my dream!"

Ah well. Good luck to them, and thanks for the entertainment wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users