- - - - -

Semi Final Results Show

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_another west ender_*

Guest_another west ender_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

besides a few great notes at the end... rachels exit performance was AWFUL!! what indulgent over-acting - there is no arguing that she is fairly good, but what a let down at the end - i wish this show had been cast traditionally cos the majority of these girls wouldnt have had a look-in.

#42 Guest_Guest_Paul_*_*

Guest_Guest_Paul_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(another west ender @ May 25 2008, 06:48 PM) View Post
besides a few great notes at the end... rachels exit performance was AWFUL!! what indulgent over-acting - there is no arguing that she is fairly good, but what a let down at the end - i wish this show had been cast traditionally cos the majority of these girls wouldnt have had a look-in.

I have never been a fan of Rachel but I did like her ALAHNM performance tonight. Rachel has one problem and it is over acting. I think her performances do not translate to TV well. They are probably excellent on stage where performances have to be exaggerated. I think it is obvious that ALW and CM and BH (who cares) do not like Jodie. DVO and JB do like Jodie, although I don't think they would be too disappointed if Sam won. I thought the obvious piece of manipulation by BH (the puppet) saying that Jodie's performance was not good and Jessie is effing Sarah Bernhart was embarrassing in its obviousness. When did Barry Humphries start wearing a smoking jacket and thinking he was Larry Olivia?

#43 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:19 PM

I feel very sorry for Sam and Rachel cos they both should have been in the final with Jodie.  Jessie is lovely, a raw talent but not ready yet, I get nervous when she sings.  I know only hope that Sam really sings her socks off next week and shows emotion because I'm not keen on Jodie or Jessie and obviously neither is CM.

Jessie should have gone.

dry.gif

#44 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:24 PM

Jessie should have gone.

I really hope Jodie will win now...

At least it looks like Sam can't win. And Little Miss Dimples thought she had it in the bag... laugh.gif
He used to call me Blue Roses.

#45 Guest_Guest_Morgan_*_*

Guest_Guest_Morgan_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:27 PM

I'm disappointed that Jodie is still in but I think ALW made the right choice between Sam and Rachel.  As others have said on here, Sam sang very well indeed in the sing-off and I wanted to hear her voice only by the end.  I think Rachel's performance was OK but Sam's was very good, she deserved to kept in.

I'd like to see Sam win this now, hope she turns in a great performance next week.

#46 Guest_Kerry_*

Guest_Kerry_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:31 PM

EVERYONE in the competition has over-acted for television a wee bit, haven't they?.  I think you have to bear in mind that they're auditioning for the STAGE.  So I disagree that Rachel was overacting on her exit song.  Or (even if she was) I think the adrenaline of getting booted probably kicked in a tad.

I remember those Josephs getting pretty "jiggy" with the coat removal process too.   biggrin.gif  

I hope Rachel gets a shot at Cabaret (when she will say no doubt say  "Elsie" because, as Sally Bowles, she will have told the story earlier in the song... to say Elsie last night would've been silly, in my opinion.  A lot of people don't know Cabaret.  They'd be asking, "Who the bloody hell is Elsie?"   She'd also rock in Chicago as Velma and in a number of other roles.

Godspeed Rachel.

#47 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

In terms of Nancy, I hope Jodie gets the role as I personally (i.e. it's only an opinion!) hope Jodie gets it. It seems pretty likely at this rate too. However, I really hope Sam gets good work out of this as she's definitely my favourite in the competition, I just don't see her as Nancy. After that "Memory" rendition tonight...well, are Cats re-casting (try saying that ten times fast) any time soon?! That song just suited her voice completely...blew me away.

As for Jessie... I'm not going to be forking out to see her on a stage till she's been through some decent training. Harsh, maybe, but there you go.

#48 Guest_Kerry_*

Guest_Kerry_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE(rona910 @ May 25 2008, 07:32 PM) View Post
In terms of Nancy, I hope Jodie gets the role as I personally (i.e. it's only an opinion!) hope Jodie gets it. It seems pretty likely at this rate too. However, I really hope Sam gets good work out of this as she's definitely my favourite in the competition, I just don't see her as Nancy. After that "Memory" rendition tonight...well, are Cats re-casting (try saying that ten times fast) any time soon?! That song just suited her voice completely...blew me away.

As for Jessie... I'm not going to be forking out to see her on a stage till she's been through some decent training. Harsh, maybe, but there you go.

Sam won't be old enough to play Grizabella for a few years... just because someone CAN sing a song doesn't mean they're right for the role in the show.  The beauty of this show is that it ISN'T X Factor or American Idol.  It should be showing people that acting in a musical requires a lot more than a nice voice.  No one mentions Sam's "Defiant face"  She lacks emotional range because she is so young.  Yes, she's good.  They're all good.  The question remains, (IS SHE NANCY?)

#49 Guest_Guest_paul_*_*

Guest_Guest_paul_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE(rona910 @ May 25 2008, 07:32 PM) View Post

I don't think Sam is ready for Cats. I think Sam needs a lot of training too. I hope Jodie gets the role although I doubt it as CM and ALW seem to hate her and I am sure they have a say in it. I think they want Sam as they feel a Looker can get bums on seats. dry.gif

#50 Guest_notinurlife_*

Guest_notinurlife_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:43 PM

At least it looks like Sam can't win. And Little Miss Dimples thought she had it in the bag...

oooooh Josh Josh Josh  me thinks you have  the 'green eyed monster'  syndrome......I've got some pills for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users