• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#71 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:42 AM

I just feel for Jodie (who is very likely to win now), because Cameron has already expressed his dislike for her. If the producer of the show isn't on your side...

Is she still expected the full term contract? Maybe CM will try to get rid of her asap!

I know he said he'd be happy with any of the potential girls, but it's obvious she is his least favourite and last choice..

Yet the Public's first!

YIKES! x
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#72 stitcher

stitcher

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:56 AM

I get the feeling that winning this would be a rather poisoned chalice for any of these particular finalists - Jodie, for the reasons that themancsethcohen expressed - Jessie, because I don't think she's up to it (4 months training would not be enough time for such an inexperienced performer to create a fully-rounded performance) - Sam, because I think it could be very dangerous to be landed with such a role so early on in a career whilst still training, and it may do her long term prospects more harm than good.

#73 Guest_Guest_George_*_*

Guest_Guest_George_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(stitcher @ May 26 2008, 12:29 AM) View Post
Evidently CM wasn't too pleased with ALW getting shot of Rachel. Serves him right for letting him choose. If he doesn't like ALW's choices he should make time to do the job himself. ALW was put in for the Publicity. So CM now has to put up with it. He'll have to put up with whoever wins too, even if he hates her. That's show business---or at least the TV Version.

Is this likely? Maybe I'm being a little cynical, but I would have imagined that ALW and CM would have discussed all possibilities regarding the sing off and whoever to save in advance of the Saturday show, leaving ALW in no uncertainty as to Cameron's preferences.
If Cameron did do a disappearing act, let's hope he was making sure he caught Rachel as she came off stage to discuss a future project?

I agree with you that CM and ALW must have discussed on numerous occasions what they wanted for Nancy. This does not, however, mean that ALW would stick to the agreement. However, I think that they wanted someone totally new for the role because after Lee Mead won the last show, ALW received some stick about not actually finding new talent.

Rachel threw a metaphorical spanner in the works by suddenly producing  a great performance. This left ALW with a problem, so he stuck to the original agreement. CM may well have been surprised by Rachel and changed his mind about the role as a result of her performance. ALW kept to the original agreement. Hence his words "I have to save Sam".

This is, of course, just my opinion, but it would explain the result.

#74 Guest_Guest_Bob_*_*

Guest_Guest_Bob_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE(Guest_George_* @ May 26 2008, 10:04 AM) View Post
I agree with you that CM and ALW must have discussed on numerous occasions what they wanted for Nancy. This does not, however, mean that ALW would stick to the agreement. However, I think that they wanted someone totally new for the role because after Lee Mead won the last show, ALW received some stick about not actually finding new talent.

Rachel threw a metaphorical spanner in the works by suddenly producing  a great performance. This left ALW with a problem, so he stuck to the original agreement. CM may well have been surprised by Rachel and changed his mind about the role as a result of her performance. ALW kept to the original agreement. Hence his words "I have to save Sam".

This is, of course, just my opinion, but it would explain the result.

Well we only get to see what goes out on TV. I would be amazed if they had not reviewed all the posible option and who they would save.  The other thing is they will almost certainly be able to get rid of whover wins after a few weeks if they are not up to it. I would be amazed if the contract does not have a get out clase to enable them to replace Nancy. Who knows it could even be Rachel.

I see the three remaing contestents as all bing very high risk. Sam is probly the least risk of the three then Jodie and then Jesse.  

#75 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Bob_* @ May 26 2008, 11:18 AM) View Post
The other thing is they will almost certainly be able to get rid of whover wins after a few weeks if they are not up to it.

Only by hiring a hit man, or perhaps someone to lurk in an alley with a baseball bat. If they're selling tickets on the basis of a particular person starring in the show they have to make a reasonable effort to provide that person. The law allows them to substitute someone else if their attempts to provide the winner are frustrated (in the legal sense) by, say, illness, but deciding that they've made a mistake and want someone else after all is unlikely to stand up in court. They chose to use reality TV to boost the show's publicity and they have to accept the consequences of that choice.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users