- - - - -

Rachel Robbed!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_disappointed nancy_*

Guest_disappointed nancy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:06 PM

I can't believe Rachel has been kicked of of i'd do anything. She was a complete professional throughout the competition and a fantastic talent!!! such a shame! why oh why oh why!!!!

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

yes I agree! I think she was the best actress out of the final four, and she certainly would suit the role better than Sam ever would! I just don't know what ALW was thinking. Sam should definatly gone over Rachel!!

#3 Guest_MOT_*

Guest_MOT_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(disappointed nancy @ May 25 2008, 10:06 PM) View Post
I can't believe Rachel has been kicked of of i'd do anything. She was a complete professional throughout the competition and a fantastic talent!!! such a shame! why oh why oh why!!!!

Totally agree, how could ALW save Sam? Rachel was by far the better in the sing off and miles better on the night!

Another thing that annoyed me this week was J.B's constant attacks on Jessie. He criticised Jessie for using the same arm movements every week but dosent seem to notice the way that his "chosen one" annoyingly screws her nose up and cockily nods her head every week does he!!!

#4 Guest_sarahd_*

Guest_sarahd_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

Rachel's rendition of 'Caberet' sent shivers down my spine; I  hav ealways supported the lovely Jodie and loved LEE in 'Any Dream Will Do' but this was a whole new level of talent and courage and to send her out after the very bravest performance I have ever seen could have repurcussions. Please look after Rahel tonight and reassure her that she is ... simply the best - regardless of the vote. I was at a wedding or would have had my finger pressed to redial. Disappointed in the taste of the Great British Public. Do you not know raw edgy talent when you see it? No not sweet, poppy Samanthe but awaesome, edgy Rachel. that Girl blew me away tonight and I salute you Rachel as, not one of the best, but the best... by a country mile. Rachel Tucker's name in lights... watch this space, Awesome!  Thank you for the best performance I have ever seen on live tv, Rachel. Andrew, have shame... you were so wrong; please look after this girl as you asked her for everything, she gave more that that and then  you destroyed her. Who do you think you are? I've loed Laurence from day 1 and know talent when i see it.

#5 xXAngelofMusicXx

xXAngelofMusicXx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:19 AM

She was good and the most talented, I can't understand why the public didn't see that. Her 'As Long As He Needs Me' was the best I've seen this series too, what a mistake Andrew Lloyd Webber made, though it's understandable as the public just don't vote for Rachel. This series has been laughable.

#6 Guest_Guest_Belinda_*_*

Guest_Guest_Belinda_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE(MOT @ May 25 2008, 10:56 PM) View Post
Totally agree, how could ALW save Sam? Rachel was by far the better in the sing off and miles better on the night!

Another thing that annoyed me this week was J.B's constant attacks on Jessie. He criticised Jessie for using the same arm movements every week but dosent seem to notice the way that his "chosen one" annoyingly screws her nose up and cockily nods her head every week does he!!!

Maybe JB criticised Jessie because she doesn't listen to any advice she's given! The same criticisms have been levelled at her week after week, but she STILL does the silly fists and arm movemnets. Love him or hate him, JB IS a professional, and he has enough MT experience to know what he's talking about. And as for Jessie constantly arguing and talking back to the judges... words fail me  angry.gif  

#7 Guest_Guest_Thatguyp_*_*

Guest_Guest_Thatguyp_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:35 AM

Have to agree that Rachel was robbed! I thought her performance of Cabaret was excellent! The other girls all performed well, but as usual Jessie was ritually slaughtered by Barrowman! If he was consistent in his criticism, he might be more acceptable, but he blatantly refuses to acknowledge any of the flaws in Sam's performances!

Just another little point that is worth noting!! I have heard it from the mouth of one of the contestants who has now exited the programme!! The week that Sam was permitted to sing "Defying Gravity", the other girls had been told that they could pick their own song, but that it should NOT be a show song!!!!  Very strange! blink.gif

#8 Guest_Guest_bob_*_*

Guest_Guest_bob_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE(Guest_Belinda_* @ May 26 2008, 07:30 AM) View Post
Maybe JB criticised Jessie because she doesn't listen to any advice she's given! The same criticisms have been levelled at her week after week, but she STILL does the silly fists and arm movemnets. Love him or hate him, JB IS a professional, and he has enough MT experience to know what he's talking about. And as for Jessie constantly arguing and talking back to the judges... words fail me  angry.gif

I really cannot understand why ALW saved Sam. I would agree with the panel that Rachel and Sam were the two leading contenders based on their ability but with her performance that night she just blew the others out of the water. That was an absolutely incredible performance and at the end of it you could see she had put her all into it. Then there was the acting scene she again was by far and away the best.
With the three left I would have concerns with them all. Jesse cannot move or take direction well. I would also be concerned with her ability to understand the roll. She comes from a small town in Ireland and I donít think she could really understand city life. Rachel on the other hand is a city girl coming from Belfast she has lived in London for several years so understands London. She also has the ability to go through a script and understand the roll. I just donít think Jesse could
Sam is a good singer and can certainly move comfortably around the stage but her acting seems weak she does learn fast so possible in six months could make it.
Jodie to me suffers many of the problems Jesse does but to a far lesser degree. She is not that elegant at moving around the stage and a little too inclined to go OTT. She is also very weak at acting. She is ok with parts that suit her personality but fall over otherwise. She made me cringe with her stunt effort with the bottle and her acting scene last night was poor it was also delivered in a strong Northern accent which made it very unconvincing.
Jesse was surprisingly good which I could not quite understand why and then I realized that the part required little to no movement. So Jesse can do it when no movement is involved.
Whether that problem can be fixed who knows. She has not fixed it so far. The other problem is when she attempts to fix it here performance goes.
The least risk option to me is Sam.  Jessie & Jodie I see as very high risk

Quite why he got rid of Rachel who knows. Clearly the two front runners as far as the panel were concerned were Sam & Rachel
and clearly they did not want either in the sing off.  With 1 gone perhaps they thought there was more chance of Sam winning the public vote as its possible they have access to the voting figures.

#9 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE(Guest_bob_* @ May 26 2008, 10:37 AM) View Post
Quite why he got rid of Rachel who knows. Clearly the two front runners as far as the panel were concerned were Sam & Rachel
and clearly they did not want either in the sing off.  With 1 gone perhaps they thought there was more chance of Sam winning the public vote as its possible they have access to the voting figures.

Perhaps they have plans for the professionals. Nancy isn't a particularly important or significant role, and thanks to the TV tie-in the tickets will fly out of the box office whether the winner is good or bad. It doesn't matter who wins.

But suppose someone is planning a new project that they want to have an edge over its rivals, or has an old show that's struggling and needs a boost. What better than a professional who can be trusted to give a solid and reliable performance combined with the publicity that comes on the back of a couple of months exposure on prime time TV? Right now the three professionals who have left could well be hotter property than the three amateurs who have stayed, and if I'd been in ALW's shoes I'd have looked at some of the final twelve and thought "You'd be wasted as Nancy".
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#10 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:18 AM

To be fair, even as a Sam supporter and a Rachel fan, I originally thought that Rachel would be saved, the consistent professional who would be a safe fall back in the final. Then with Sam getting the lowest votes this week...would that sway his choice?

I think when it came down to it, this was one of his hardest decisions, because his favourite two were in the bottom (showing how out of touch with the public they apparently are)... and he HAD to choose.

He couldn't do it based on the performance of the night. The big problem was that the public has not caught on to Rachel. She was in the sing-off for three weeks, showing her unpopularity week after week. Yes, Sam got the lowest vote this week, but had never been in the bottom before.

He was never going to send Sam home on her first time in the bottom, whereas Rachel (fantastic and talented though she is, and very suited for the role), as far as the public were concerned, had 'overstayed her welcome' and had to go.

Shame though, big shame.
"I Can Do Better Than That"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users