28 replies to this topic

#11 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:34 PM

i totally accept this as a possibility, but ultimately, of the 4 performers in the semi finals, 3 had never been in the bottom 2.

for all we know, the top 3 in votes have consistantly been jessie 1st, jodie 2nd and samantha 3rd, with only those lower down chopping and changing.

equally, the fact that there doesn't seem to be a clear cut favourite in this competition makes it entirely possible that the figures are quite close, in which case, sam having lost a significant number of her 'reliable' votes could have made a difference.

really, without the figures from the whole series in front of us, it's all speculation anyway.
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#12 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Bob_* @ May 26 2008, 03:03 PM) View Post
I dont think it a mystery. Most people seem to be voting because they like the person or their singing

But that's exactly my point...as far as I'm concerned neither of those really apply to her...mind you that's just my opinion, I guess I must be in the minority since she's still here.

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:01 PM

So your saying the reason Sam was in the bottom two is because the residents in the IOM had trouble with the phone lines. Well throughout the whole show the Republic of Ireland couldn't vote, which is where Jessie's home town is, and shes managed to get avoid the bottom two! Northern Ireland can vote yes, but from the way your putting it wouldn't they of voted for the contestent that was from their home town Rachel? So Jessie was getting her votes from her fans rather than her home town, and if this week Sam couldn't recieve votes from the IOM her votes would of come from her fans, so obviously she isn't as popular as Jessie or Jodie and the reason she was in the bottom two is because the public don't see her as Nancy, and neither do I.

#14 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:22 PM

Nothing to do with the fact that she consistently gives emotionally vacant and vocally bland performances, then...
He used to call me Blue Roses.

#15 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:04 PM

Alright, fine, everyone hates Sam. Sorry.

Just saying, that was why a large portion of the votes she was consistently getting, weren't there.

Whatever. Go Jodie. Wooh..
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#16 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE(themancsethcohen @ May 27 2008, 12:04 AM) View Post
Alright, fine, everyone hates Sam. Sorry.

Just saying, that was why a large portion of the votes she was consistently getting, weren't there.

Whatever. Go Jodie. Wooh..

Ah what the hell. I don't care if I get abused for this.

I LIKE SAM.

(but I'd rather watch her in Hairspray than Oliver...)

#17 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:35 AM

I like Sam too!

So much so that I might actually get off my arse and vote on Saturday. Maybe even for her AND Jodie, just to stop Jessie from winning.
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#18 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(Haz @ May 27 2008, 09:35 AM) View Post
I like Sam too!

So much so that I might actually get off my arse and vote on Saturday. Maybe even for her AND Jodie, just to stop Jessie from winning.

Good plan. I may have to join you!

#19 Jon - Thenardier

Jon - Thenardier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE(rona910 @ May 27 2008, 08:55 AM) View Post
Ah what the hell. I don't care if I get abused for this.

I LIKE SAM.

(but I'd rather watch her in Hairspray than Oliver...)

Sam in hairspray? what part? she's not exactly tracey and I can;t see her playing Amber either..

#20 Guest_Smilingassassin_*

Guest_Smilingassassin_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:19 AM

I think if there was fixng then there is no way Sam would be in the bottom two because i really feel she's the one the panel want to win. It all comes down to who would make the best NANCY not who is the best performer as each contestant (and let's not forget that this is a competition) is talented. For most of us watching ADWD we knew from the start that Lee was our Joseph and it was clear from the beginning that noone else could play the part as well, just as Connie was the obvious choice for Maria. However having met three "Josephs" this weekend and seeing how happy they are at the success launched from these shows - then personally I feel that let the right Nancy win - we'll be seeing more of the others anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users