- - - - -

Rachel

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_James_*_*

Guest_Guest_James_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

Maybe she's going to get cast as Sally Bowles in Kenwright's touring production of Cabaret!!

Lets hope she gets something soon

#2 Glinda172xxx

Glinda172xxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

she will, she is a brilliant  perfromer and has one of the best  agents.

#3 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE(Guest_James_* @ May 26 2008, 06:46 PM) View Post
Maybe she's going to get cast as Sally Bowles in Kenwright's touring production of Cabaret!!

Lets hope she gets something soon

Absolutely!  She would be great in Cabaret.  I also think she could be a good Roxie Hart too!

#4 Annasette

Annasette

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

Article in Belfast Telegraph quoting her as saying ALW has asked her to be involved in a workshop re the Phantom sequel!!! Sydmonton? Interesting prospect on lots of counts!

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertai...icle3741713.ece

#5 Guest_Guest_Clare_*_*

Guest_Guest_Clare_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:27 PM

I hope she gets something soon. Don't know if Phantom genre would be my first thought though. I'll go and see her in whatever. The final is going to be thee poorer for her incoprehensible abscence!!

#6 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Clare_* @ May 31 2008, 12:27 AM) View Post
I hope she gets something soon. Don't know if Phantom genre would be my first thought though. I'll go and see her in whatever. The final is going to be thee poorer for her incoprehensible abscence!!

hear hear!!

#7 Guest_Guest-Ken_*

Guest_Guest-Ken_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:35 PM

Having just hit this board in curiosity prior to tonight's final, I feel someone needs to defend both the public and ALW regarding Rachel. Given the presumed demographic of this board I guess it's understandable that the highest value should be put on 'professionalism'. And yes, Rachel is professional as all hell, will always turn up, do 8 shows a week or 20, and never dip below a certain level of competence. What she completely lacks is any charisma or star quality. Apart from the flailing desperation of 'Cabaret', her performances have always been completely mechanical and unmoving. The public -- in terms of the votes -- have recognised this consistently (even with a gun to their heads in terms of the panel's comments in the semi-final.) She is simply not someone the public would be interested in going to see. So what's wrong with that as the basis for a decision? The other three may be raw, inconsistent and a commercial risk, but they have all, at points in the series, given performances that have shown emotional investment and understanding of the material far beyond anything Rachel ever managed. They have all got that elusive something that makes one want to see them perform (and pay money to do so). I was frankly amazed that ALW saved Samantha last week -- I thought he'd want to keep Rachel in as the safe pair of hands -- but, in terms of any ambition to make Oliver something special, it was resoundingly the correct decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users