39 replies to this topic

#21 Jon - Thenardier

Jon - Thenardier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:51 AM

Having been to see LOTR last thursday and watching the Q & A, the official answer from the cast and the guy that chaired the Q & A is that it will take 3 months to get LOTR out of the theatre and to restore the Drury Lane stage. It's got some kind of protection on the theatre (listed?) and so they have to be really careful when taking stuff out and putting the stage back in.

I personally think the long wait is actually due to the Oliver. Although i can see huge potential in the three boys, they are not ready to play the part now. I think they're going to need months of training to get it. Afterall, they are the protagonist (is that the right spelling? sorry....) not Nancy.

I think the Nancys could have been ready in two months as normal even if they were 'amateurs'. They've already had 10-12(?) weeks already so they won';t need that much more. (don't start shouting at me that it takes years to train properly, I know that. smile.gif)

#22 Suzanne

Suzanne

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:37 PM

If rumour is correct it sounds as if Jodie is a shoe in for the part.  However, if she doesn't get it I suspect she will be playing Mama Cass in 'Chicago' within three months.  Either of the other two could play 'Cosette' in Les Mis.  Any other suggestions?

#23 Guest_jodie_*

Guest_jodie_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

Cameron gets the phone in figures every week and sad to say it's not about talent he wants the person that gets the most votes throughout the weeks to win as it as he feels that the ticket sales will reflect this.

This is why rachel went she has had low voting rates.

He is told the bottom and tells ALW what he wants.

I do know that before last week Sam was his favourite with Jesse a close 2nd.

#24 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:01 PM

Wow - what an insight and with so much verifiable detail

Sorry - but there is no point posting something like that without back-up evidence.  It is one thing to post your own opinions - but to post something claiming great inside knowledge without any evidence is just pointless

#25 ashcass

ashcass

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(Suzanne @ May 29 2008, 02:37 PM) View Post
If rumour is correct it sounds as if Jodie is a shoe in for the part. However, if she doesn't get it I suspect she will be playing Mama Cass in 'Chicago' within three months. Either of the other two could play 'Cosette' in Les Mis. Any other suggestions?

Not wanting to be picky, although I'm about to be, it's Mama Morton not Mama Cass. Easy mistake to make though!

#26 Guest_Guest_stu_*_*

Guest_Guest_stu_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:59 AM

Think about it do you really think Cameron would let ALW make the desion for his leading lady for his show?

They must discuss who they want.

#27 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:15 AM

"Either of the other two could play 'Cosette' in Les Mis."

Cosette is a sop role with a top C. Both Jessie and Sam are mezzo belters, hence would be inappropriate for this part.

#28 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(ashcass @ May 29 2008, 06:37 PM) View Post
Not wanting to be picky, although I'm about to be, it's Mama Morton not Mama Cass. Easy mistake to make though!

And 3 months is probably a bit ambitious!

#29 Guest_Guest_tom_*_*

Guest_Guest_tom_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:56 PM

I cannot wait till Sam is kicked out first sat....(then jessie..and jodie winning..we all know she will).

Sam has the emotional depth of a puddle...the charisma of a piece of mdf....her 'acting' consists of narrowing her eyes to the camera and nodding with determination..and throwing her arms around. That they chose her over Rachel is shocking....also considering she is bottom with the viewers so wont win it. Shes only there cos shes easy on the eye for any male viewers.

#30 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(Guest_tom_* @ May 30 2008, 12:56 PM) View Post
I cannot wait till Sam is kicked out first sat....(then jessie..and jodie winning..we all know she will).

Sam has the emotional depth of a puddle...the charisma of a piece of mdf....her 'acting' consists of narrowing her eyes to the camera and nodding with determination..and throwing her arms around. That they chose her over Rachel is shocking....also considering she is bottom with the viewers so wont win it. Shes only there cos shes easy on the eye for any male viewers.

Doesn't matter, Cameron wants her for the part. The phone vote is irrelevant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users