Who Will Play The Role

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Guest_stu_*_*

Guest_Guest_stu_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:38 PM

you are right he wants sam.

Sorry to put a spanner in the works but I don't think any of the final 12 are stars and if any of them went through in the normal casting route I'd doubt they would even get re-called (ouch but my opinion)

#32 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 30 2008, 03:26 PM) View Post
Doesn't matter, Cameron wants her for the part. The phone vote is irrelevant.

How can the phone vote be irrelevant? That's what DECIDES who wins, call it what you will but they can't alter the numbers and they can't force people to vote for Sam..?!

Unfortunately tongue.gif
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#33 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(themancsethcohen @ May 30 2008, 04:54 PM) View Post
How can the phone vote be irrelevant? That's what DECIDES who wins, call it what you will but they can't alter the numbers and they can't force people to vote for Sam..?!

Unfortunately tongue.gif

And have you ever seen figures from the BBC to say how many people voted and for whom?

#34 Sadie

Sadie

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:28 PM

I do so find it difficult to warm to Jodie, I feel badly about this because she can obviously sing, and is giving her all but as soon as she appears she irritates me.  I've done a bit of lurking on other sites (I've only posted recently on this because people seem quite civilised) and her supporters are very aggressive and vitriolic, which also puts me off I'm ashamed to say

#35 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 30 2008, 10:57 PM) View Post
And have you ever seen figures from the BBC to say how many people voted and for whom?

Surely nobody can think those involved would risk going to prison by fixing the vote to ensure that one of the less popular contestants wins, thereby reducing the ticket sales, reducing the profit, and increasing the risk of failure? They might do that in Crazy World, but here in the Land of the Sane they have every incentive to play it straight and have the most popular contestant win because that's what'll bring in the most money. Some conspiracy theories can be entertaining in their lack of contact with reality but this one's just too stupid to be funny.

I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#36 ashcass

ashcass

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE(Sadie @ May 31 2008, 12:28 AM) View Post
I do so find it difficult to warm to Jodie, I feel badly about this because she can obviously sing, and is giving her all but as soon as she appears she irritates me. I've done a bit of lurking on other sites (I've only posted recently on this because people seem quite civilised) and her supporters are very aggressive and vitriolic, which also puts me off I'm ashamed to say

I've never warmed to her either. But we all have our opinions. Thankfully it'll be all over by tomorrow! Then people can bitch all they want but it'll be too late to do anything about it!

#37 Sadie

Sadie

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:26 AM

Theres a morbid fascination to watching these shows, and I do get slightly addicted (try and watch every week etc) but if it wasn't there people wouldn't really miss it and it must be so much easier to cast something the traditional way.  Most people wouldn't question the casting normally just accept it.  Though I do understand the need to generate publicity it's a shame a different way can't be found

#38 Guest_Don't ask I just know!_*

Guest_Don't ask I just know!_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:58 PM

Cameron wants Sam but she will be 3rd placed.

Cameron does not want Jodie she will be 2nd.

Cameron sometimes likes Jesse and sometimes does she will WIN.

#39 Guest_MT fan_*

Guest_MT fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:42 PM

What Cameron is alleged to want is moot. He is aid to believe Jodie may be  too big... ie unfit... not that she isn't good in every other way. ..if that is his only worry... he has only at look at her track record.., running 13 miles a day!

I certainly don't think Jodie looks too old... I think the costume designer needs shooting myself... every time she is seen in the VT's in her own clothes.. or like on The One Show last night she looks a lovely youthful  girl... the shows costume dresser puts her in some shockers and makes her look older. In the Acting thing with Barry last week she was in Victorian dress and looked lovely..

Performance wise I think she has it... she was not perhaps the best of the 12 but is the best of the 3 that are left... ... she nails it week after week... she ahas the emotional range and the emotional maturity... her voice is beautiful.... her acting is far superior to either of the other two. I think if ether of them got it they would be quite frankly a disaster and it would possibly ruin their  potential future careres. There  is such a thing as running before  you can walk. I am not convinced about Sam.. I think she is one dimensional.. great belt voice,. but not a lot else... Jessie I think is a future star but she has a lot to learn... but I agree with Scott Mathewman (The Stage) the Theatre Royal Drury Lane is not where she should be learning it, she should go to a good musical theatre course and come out and sock it to us in a few years time and take the world by storm. Now is not her moment.

I think it should be    Jodie....... like Rachel said..she is the complete package... and if its any one else.. I shall suspect foul play!  ph34r.gif

#40 Suzanne

Suzanne

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(Sadie @ May 31 2008, 12:28 AM) View Post
I do so find it difficult to warm to Jodie, I feel badly about this because she can obviously sing, and is giving her all but as soon as she appears she irritates me. I've done a bit of lurking on other sites (I've only posted recently on this because people seem quite civilised) and her supporters are very aggressive and vitriolic, which also puts me off I'm ashamed to say

Please don't be ashamed to say you are put off by the very aggressive and vitriolic - who isn't? I did find the baying from the audience every time Jodie was criticised disturbing.   Possibly only a small element but quite loud!  However, I suppose her supporters club should not have prevented her from getting the role and they will certainly add a frisson to the theatre foyer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users