• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#11 Hels

Hels

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:47 PM

Welcome back - we missed you and this board is a big improvement and I'm sure will be very popular once people get the hang of it.
Check to see if your favourite theatre performer has a website with http://www.actuallyactors.com

#12 Gavin

Gavin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:30 PM

What actually happend? I know there were server problems,but what caused the massive downtime?

#13 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, cats and photography principally.

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:45 PM

Welcome back and thanks for the registration option!

The new board looks great! biggrin.gif
The engine roared, the motor hissed,
And who could see that the road would twist

#14 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(Gavin @ Feb 12 2007, 07:30 PM) View Post
What actually happend? I know there were server problems,but what caused the massive downtime?

As someone who worked as a system administrator for many years I'd be interested to know what happened myself. I don't know if there's any connection, but shortly before the site disappeared the email address that I use for the WOS mailing list and forums started receiving spam. That address wasn't known to anyone apart from WOS so I suppose someone must have managed to steal it from their server. (I'm assuming that it wasn't WOS themselves sending me a lottery scam for a draw I never entered.) I was going to email WOS about it, but the site vanished before I had the chance.

I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#15 Scal

Scal

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:36 PM

I'm guessing it also had something to do with the truly vile URLs which were being posted over the weekend.  It made it clear that there had to be some kind of overhaul.  

I really missed the site and very glad it's all up and running again.

#16 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE(Scal @ Feb 12 2007, 09:36 PM) View Post
I'm guessing it also had something to do with the truly vile URLs which were being posted over the weekend.  It made it clear that there had to be some kind of overhaul.  

I really missed the site and very glad it's all up and running again.

Me too

Welcome back and keep up the good work  smile.gif

#17 Gavin

Gavin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ Feb 12 2007, 09:20 PM) View Post
As someone who worked as a system administrator for many years I'd be interested to know what happened myself. I don't know if there's any connection, but shortly before the site disappeared the email address that I use for the WOS mailing list and forums started receiving spam. That address wasn't known to anyone apart from WOS so I suppose someone must have managed to steal it from their server. (I'm assuming that it wasn't WOS themselves sending me a lottery scam for a draw I never entered.) I was going to email WOS about it, but the site vanished before I had the chance.

Yeah,makes sense. I'm used to forums and sites having server downtime occasionally but I've never witnessed one for this long. It's great to have the site back though. And I love the new board!!!

#18 Belle

Belle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, costumes, shiny things

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:14 AM

I'm liking it!  Glad to see WOS moving into the 21st century....  smile.gif

I hope everyone migrates and the new format helps solve some of the past issues this site has had!    I'm looking forward to seeing how this all works out.  New software to play with, too!

Oh, my only problem - the standard size for avatars is 100 x 100 pixels, I've only got this one that's smaller than 90 x 90!  Greatly restricted on the pretty pictures available, unless they get resized and mushed.
###Belle###

#19 Jods72

Jods72

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:45 AM

Thank you Whatsonstage for protecting the innocent!  You have provided an excellent forum where we can all discuss in a civilised manner and we are looked after!
Heres to a fantastic 2007 rolleyes.gif
Jods x

#20 Guest_Guest_PTWest_*_*

Guest_Guest_PTWest_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:08 AM

Welcome back!

really pleased to be able to register - just maybe this will help to keep this board a little more sane and focussed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users