6 replies to this topic

#1 Millie Dillmount

Millie Dillmount

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:26 AM

according to the stage she has cancelled the cosing four legs of the sound of music tour due to a congenital problem which has lowered her singing range and means she can no longer play maria. verity rushworth is going to continue playing maria for the last four stops of the tour

#2 mrlovett

mrlovett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

View PostMillie Dillmount, on 12 August 2011 - 08:26 AM, said:

according to the stage she has cancelled the cosing four legs of the sound of music tour due to a congenital problem which has lowered her singing range and means she can no longer play maria. verity rushworth is going to continue playing maria for the last four stops of the tour

Such sad news. She was such a joy to watch when she originally did it in London. Pure brilliance. Amazing voice, perfect comic timing, wonderful acting ... I always thought she would be the 'Elaine Paige' of our generation.
I have to admit, when I saw the tour production, some time back, she sounded very hoarse. In a way, I'm glad that she's not continuing the role, as if she does, she might lose her voice altogether, and she will also get bad reviews. She is still going to do Wonderful Town, I believe, and she's got a radio show, has a documentary in Wales called 'Musical Maps', and is doing other television work as well.
As Maria says in the Sound of Music, when God closes a door, somewhere, He opens a window. I think that'll be true for Connie

#3 simon from oxford

simon from oxford

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

Connie Fisher is leading the cast in a new tour of Bernstein's Wonderful Town next year

#4 Montmartre

Montmartre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Classical Music

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

Have any details been released yet of where Wonderful Town will appear, or is it just Manchester?

#5 simon from oxford

simon from oxford

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:49 AM

Birmingham is also on the list, I believe

#6 figgy1978

figgy1978

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:59 AM

Southampton is too.

#7 Gabz31

Gabz31

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

Press launch will be 12th January for Wonderful Town  . The full  cast will  be announced then .

Also I want to post about Connie I run her official  forum .  Me and Connie have been working together to design a charity calendar for 2012 . And it's a charity close to Connie's heart .

Connie has chosen a few of her favourite photos for the charity  calendar, the proceeds from which will be donated The Institute for  Laryngology and Voice Restoration in Boston. http://www.ilvr.org/

Just a few hundred copies of Connie’s calendar, which features shots  taken and donated by professional photographers as well as snapshots  from the singer’s own collection, have been printed.

You can preview the calendar, which costs £9.99, on the Connie Fisher  Official Facebook page, while special signed copies will be available on  e-bay soon . At the moment Connie has put 50 copies of the calendar up on eBay .

They can also be purchased by e-mailing connie.calendar@yahoo.co.uk.

Connie underwent three operations at the Institute for Laryngology and  Voice Restoration for a vocal condition she has had since birth.

She said the work that the institute does both for singers and other patients with voice problems is “amazing”.

They are currently working on a bio gel that will help throat cancer patients to speak again.

Connie is currently filming an action packed episode of Casualty and  working on a second BBC television series .

“I’m very lucky to have the opportunity to get my voice back,” said Connie.

“This is a very personal calendar for a charity that’s close to my heart.”

Also check out Connie's Official website where she has posted about the calendar on there www.conniefisher.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users