13 replies to this topic

#1 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5150 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:09 PM

Obviously taking no notice of the offensive messages on the site isn't going have any effect so please would WOS screen what goes on and take it off either before it gets on or immediately it is on. It isn't funny. Anyone saying this kind of thing in print would be in trouble so why let it come onto a website?

#2 Guest_John_*

Guest_John_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:02 AM

Oh Lynette. Get over it. This is real life in the 21st century.

#3 Belle

Belle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, costumes, shiny things

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:09 AM

Can you imagine if EVERY post was screened by WOS before it was posted?  It would take a team of people to keep uptodate, it'd be an absolute nightmare!  The idea is that the newly-appointed moderators will remove the offensive posts as soon as they come across them.  Hopefully it'll work out that there's a moderator online most of the time, to deal with trouble as soon as it's posted.
###Belle###

#4 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5150 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:49 AM

ok; I don't know how these things work. I don't remember this kind of thing on the old board, lots of slanging matches but not this kind of invasion. I don't need to be told to get over anything.

#5 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:44 AM

Lynette, you don't need to be told to get over it.  You have a relevant complaint.  However, Belle has a point.  To screen every post would be more than a full time job for a number of people and is impractical.  Hopefully the appointment of moderators will help sort out the problem.
I won't be called a baggage!

#6 Guest_Tintin_*

Guest_Tintin_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:55 AM

Lynette, you are quite right to complain about it and I don't see what living in the 21st Century has to do with it at all. Anyone who would welcome such offensive material on a theatre website must have a very warped mind. What I don't understand is why, in spite of all the complaints recently, WOS has still not got around to appointing moderators. In fact, I have not seen any reference from them anywhere to this matter.

#7 Viceroy

Viceroy

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE(Tintin @ Mar 1 2007, 07:55 AM) View Post
What I don't understand is why, in spite of all the complaints recently, WOS has still not got around to appointing moderators. In fact, I have not seen any reference from them anywhere to this matter.

From Terri yesterday lunchtime :-
Hello all,

Just to let you know, we have appointed two moderators to date and started banning IP addresses, including normad and the repeat spammers. The spam attack came out of the blue over the weekend, but I believe it's getting better. Hopefully, you'll notice an improvement. We'll appoint further moderators as necessary.

We do appreciate users' efforts to alert us when they come across inappropriate postings, and we react to these as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Kind regards,

Terri Paddock
Editorial Director
Whatsonstage.com

#8 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE(John @ Mar 1 2007, 12:02 AM) View Post
Oh Lynette. Get over it. This is real life in the 21st century.

And that means boorish behaviour should be tolerated?

You may think that an attitude of "Nobody knows who I am, so I can act in a way that would get me punched out if I did it face to face" is acceptable. Others are more civilised.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#9 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:56 PM

I think more than two moderators are needed and that will help to keep most of the rubbish out but it won't stop people from trying.

#10 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:49 PM

Yes, I think more than two moderators need to be appointed.  I have offered......!
I won't be called a baggage!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users