3 replies to this topic

#1 PaulT

PaulT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

We saw The Hired Man on Tuesday and I thought it was incredibly moving: such beautiful music and a superb cast.  The use of the space at the Landor is terrific.  The band are brilliant.  A wonderful evening of great theatre!

Mr Shenton liked it too:

http://blogs.thestag...#comment-290561

#2 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

I saw the matinee of this yesterday & thought it was brilliant. I've wanted to see it since I heard "If I Could" in a concert 2 years ago and it more than lived up to my expectations. I was incredibly impressed by what the production achieved in such a small space and on what, I assume, was an equally small budget, especially the WWI scene. The cast were all excellent, especially the two leads, both recent graduates who I hope will go on to good careers. I found the second act incredibly moving and was crying for much of it, as were many of the rest of the audience judging by the noises I could hear around me.

#3 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:47 AM

I saw and enjoyed a matinee on 6 August (followed by Dames At Sea in the evening, so as to end on a cheerful note) and agree that it is good.  I didn't, however, feel particularly moved by it and at the performance I attended, didn't notice that anyone else was, either.  But that's not to detract from the pleasure and admiration I did experience.

#4 PaulT

PaulT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

Seeing the production for the third time at the final matinee on Saturday.  I really love the music and have the download the songs from the 2008 tour.  The Landor Production is amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users