73 replies to this topic

#1 Trekkie Monster

Trekkie Monster

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:09 PM

Just found this on the website:

http://83.231.144.209/~oliverth/clientacce...mes_and_pric...

Sickness and holiday permitting, we have decided that the winning Nancy is scheduled to perform on Monday and Tuesday evenings, Wednesday matinees and Friday evenings. Until the show opens in December we cannot make a final decision on any additional performances.

#2 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:29 PM

That makes a mockery of all the talk of someone needing to play the role 8 times a week

I would have thought that a Saturday show would have been fairer for the winner - because many people may only be able to travel at weekends

They have left it open to add more shows - depending on the strength of the winner

#3 JazzHandsJames

JazzHandsJames

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

How predictable...

#4 James84

James84

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:32 PM

I'm not too bothered as personally I'm not too keen on any of the final three, but I think that it is very for these details to have been released so long after tickets have been on sale.

All through the show they keep talking about "the winning Nancy" and "they will be playing this demading role", etc.  Nowhere on the TV programme do they say they might only be doing half of the shows a week.

#5 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:45 PM

what a bloody sham.

if i'd gone to the effort of getting off my arse to book tickets for a saturday night to see 'one of them girls off the telly' and paid 60 each for the privilege, i would be seriously unimpressed by this.
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#6 James84

James84

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:32 PM

Andrew keeps talking about "the stamina to do eight shows a week".

#7 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(Haz @ May 31 2008, 05:45 PM) View Post
what a bloody sham.

if i'd gone to the effort of getting off my arse to book tickets for a saturday night to see 'one of them girls off the telly' and paid 60 each for the privilege, i would be seriously unimpressed by this.

If this were happening in the USA there might well be a Class Action brewing. Someone affected should start a FaceBook group.
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

#8 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(Trekkie Monster @ May 31 2008, 03:09 PM) View Post
Just found this on the website:

http://83.231.144.209/~oliverth/clientacce...mes_and_pric...

Sickness and holiday permitting, we have decided that the winning Nancy is scheduled to perform on Monday and Tuesday evenings, Wednesday matinees and Friday evenings. Until the show opens in December we cannot make a final decision on any additional performances.

Wow, that's amazing.  I wonder if the ubiquitous They waited to make this decision until the final professional (who could certainly do 8 shows a week) got booted last week.  Which would indicate They don't have a lot of faith that the hoi polloi Nancy's could handle the professional demands.  Interesting ...

I'd bet good theatre tickets there will be a great many unhappy people if the winning Nancy is not performing Thursday to Saturday, when most can actually get to the theatre to see her!
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#9 flying_free

flying_free

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

Wow... I hope they're prepared to give the people who have already booked refunds if their Nancy isn't on.

#10 JazzHandsJames

JazzHandsJames

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:42 PM

Does anyone else think there is a possibility of casting a standby from IDA in the same way Lewis was from ADWD and then performing the rest of the performances...

Rachel perhaps...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users