73 replies to this topic

#11 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:46 PM

Yes I expect we'll see more than one Nancy!!

#12 stitcher

stitcher

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE(JazzHandsJames @ May 31 2008, 07:42 PM) View Post
Does anyone else think there is a possibility of casting a standby from IDA in the same way Lewis was from ADWD and then performing the rest of the performances...

Rachel perhaps...

Lovely thought, but after Barry Humphries calling her an Understudy?  Even though he altered his opinion in a later show, I imagine she'd be loath to take it on now.

#13 Guest_Ta-Tah_*

Guest_Ta-Tah_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:49 PM

So she'll def to Mon, Tues and Weds mat?
Interesting choice of performances.

I reckon they know she should be doing all 8, but clearly Mon, Tues and Weds mat not selling as well (as is normal) so they've popped in this info in an attempt to shift them too.
Manipulation?
Never.
Friday added as a red herring as be just too obvious otherwise.

What do you think?

#14 James84

James84

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:07 PM

I'd certainly agree there - Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday matinee are probably the three poorer sellers in terms of ticket sales.

#15 Suzanne

Suzanne

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(flying_free @ May 31 2008, 07:31 PM) View Post
Wow... I hope they're prepared to give the people who have already booked refunds if their Nancy isn't on.

They have a get out clause to avoid having to give anybody back anything.  It was always likely they would do this.  It is possible they will use one of the losers to cover the other nights but suspect not as they probably have a pro lined up for it already.  What a great scheme.  Announce yet another revival of an old musical, use the BBC to give it publicity and sit back and count the money.   Still if it keeps theatres open one has to say why not.

#16 siobhan

siobhan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:32 AM

Hold on!

This is ridiculous, Nancy is NOT a big part like 'Maria' or 'Christine', why the hell can't the winner do all 8 shows.

I'm so peeved.

Siobhan
Don't dream it..be it!

#17 elphy

elphy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:38 AM

I think that this is absolutely disgusting.. why give false hope.. why i mean why would they dio that only 4 shows a wekk? i think its disgusting.. and i hope that oliver wont dowell.. unless they make sure that Nancy does more shows... what a con.. and all this fuss about sihnging 8 shows a week.. i hope they get whats comiong to them

#18 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(elphy @ Jun 1 2008, 08:38 AM) View Post
I think that this is absolutely disgusting.. why give false hope.. why i mean why would they dio that only 4 shows a wekk? i think its disgusting.. and i hope that oliver wont dowell.. unless they make sure that Nancy does more shows... what a con.. and all this fuss about sihnging 8 shows a week.. i hope they get whats comiong to them

Does anyone know when this was actually put on the Oliver! website? My guess is that it was after Rachel went?

#19 James84

James84

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE(Suzanne @ Jun 1 2008, 12:06 AM) View Post
They have a get out clause to avoid having to give anybody back anything.  It was always likely they would do this.  It is possible they will use one of the losers to cover the other nights but suspect not as they probably have a pro lined up for it already.  What a great scheme.  Announce yet another revival of an old musical, use the BBC to give it publicity and sit back and count the money.   Still if it keeps theatres open one has to say why not.

How could they have a get out clause if Andrew and the panel keep saying "8 shows a week" and their website says 4 a week.  Most people probably don't check the website before they book tickets, especially if they're booking over the phone.

#20 Guest_Julie McGill_*

Guest_Julie McGill_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(Trekkie Monster @ May 31 2008, 02:09 PM) View Post
Just found this on the website:

http://83.231.144.209/~oliverth/clientacce...mes_and_pric...

Sickness and holiday permitting, we have decided that the winning Nancy is scheduled to perform on Monday and Tuesday evenings, Wednesday matinees and Friday evenings. Until the show opens in December we cannot make a final decision on any additional performances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users