73 replies to this topic

#31 showtoones

showtoones

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:20 PM

Can you please post the link from Digital Spy about Jodie doing both shows on Saturday? I can't find it anywhere...

Also, there is no matinee on Dec 17th...does that mean she will dot he Wednesday eve of that week?

QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 1 2008, 05:54 PM) View Post
According to digital Spy Jodie will be doing Saturday x 2,  they will be altering the announcements soon. People outside london have been complaining as they can only get down at week ends.

#32 ashcass

ashcass

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:10 AM

They clearly state on the website to read the perfomance schedule before booking tickets. They have then gone on to put the days Jodie will be on. It's all above board. The show does not revolve around Nancy. She's an element of building a complete story and complete show. I hope that people enjoy the entire production  and dont just sit there waiting for Jodie to appear again.

#33 art87

art87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE(ashcass @ Jun 2 2008, 07:10 AM) View Post
They clearly state on the website to read the perfomance schedule before booking tickets. They have then gone on to put the days Jodie will be on. It's all above board. The show does not revolve around Nancy. She's an element of building a complete story and complete show. I hope that people enjoy the entire production and dont just sit there waiting for Jodie to appear again.

Except that they are selling this show on its star. It's exactly the same as if you went to see the McKellen Lear  or any of next years Donmar West End productions and the star was off - however you feel about the production, you would always feel you had missed out. And I agree that it's ludicrous that Jodie might not do Saturday night, when it's clear, even from the ticketing websites, that Saturdays are the most popular. If people have paid 25p a vote to choose their favourite performer, and the producers then decide that she will only do half of the performances, the public will not be happy.

#34 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:02 AM

From Oliver website:

As performances do not commence until 12 December, we do not yet have a full confirmed performance schedule for Nancy and Oliver.

Due to licensing issues we cannot decide which Oliver will perform until shortly before the performance starts.

Sickness and holiday permitting, we have decided that Jodie Prenger is scheduled to perform on Monday and Tuesday evenings, Wednesday matinees, Friday evenings and both performances on Saturday. Until the show opens in December we cannot make a final decision on any additional performances.

#35 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:17 AM

I knew this would be sorted in the end

That sounds like a reasonable schedule for any of the girls to stick to

#36 James84

James84

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE(ashcass @ Jun 2 2008, 07:10 AM) View Post
They clearly state on the website to read the perfomance schedule before booking tickets. They have then gone on to put the days Jodie will be on. It's all above board. The show does not revolve around Nancy. She's an element of building a complete story and complete show. I hope that people enjoy the entire production  and dont just sit there waiting for Jodie to appear again.

It's all very well posting that on the website but that's not quite above board.  That was posted on their site about a week ago and booking opened about 2 months ago.

#37 James84

James84

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE(Oxford Simon @ Jun 2 2008, 10:17 AM) View Post
I knew this would be sorted in the end

That sounds like a reasonable schedule for any of the girls to stick to

Whilst this is a reasonable schedule I still feel it unfair that they didn't post these details earlier.  I personally would go and see the show in any case, but, having watched the show week on week I had wanted to see Jodie so I could come to my own conclusion about her performance after seeing her live.  I will still enjoy the production without her (I'm going on a Thursday night), but it's not the point - they should have given performance details earlier - when booking opened.

#38 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:57 AM

I can see how that is wrong

and they should have made things a lot clearer, a lot earlier

I am guessing that they might operate some form of ticket swapping system - to deal with those people who wish to change as a result of the actual casting/performance schedule.

That would certainly seem the fair way of dealing with the situation

#39 Guest_Guest_carrie_*_*

Guest_Guest_carrie_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:59 AM

I reckon she will end up doing all performances in the end (they are safe guarding themselves).

Then if that does happen I will feel sorry for whoever gets taken on as the alternate because they will become a walking cover (grim).

#40 James84

James84

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE(Oxford Simon @ Jun 2 2008, 10:57 AM) View Post
I can see how that is wrong

and they should have made things a lot clearer, a lot earlier

I am guessing that they might operate some form of ticket swapping system - to deal with those people who wish to change as a result of the actual casting/performance schedule.

That would certainly seem the fair way of dealing with the situation

Do you think they'll be "reviewing the situation"?  I know, I know, lame, but it's a Monday morning at work and I need to inject some humour to the day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users