• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:36 PM

Can we all try to keep our heads tonight?

Last week was horrid with lots of nastiness and unpleasant comments being made.

I respect those who hold different opinions to me - but I can still find ways of expressing my support for the person I want to win without being offensive.

I am sure we all want to enjoy it - and it would be a shame if we descended into name-calling and the like.

#2 Sadie

Sadie

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(Oxford Simon @ May 31 2008, 04:36 PM) View Post

I respect those who hold different opinions to me - but I can still find ways of expressing my support for the person I want to win without being offensive.

I am sure we all want to enjoy it - and it would be a shame if we descended into name-calling and the like.
Just as well it's not the digital spy site, I've lurked there for a couple of weeks and they are vitriolic especially towards Sam (My favourite was Francesca, so I'm ralatively impartial, though I'm not terribly keen on Jodie) The worst culprits are Jodie fans who leap on anything positive said to the other girls as a slight on their beloved.  Good luck to all three hope they have a great evening and I hope they do well subsequentially

#3 ashcass

ashcass

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(Oxford Simon @ May 31 2008, 04:36 PM) View Post

Having just read through the thread for tonights show, apparently not!

#4 Guest_Jimmy_*

Guest_Jimmy_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE(ashcass @ May 31 2008, 07:01 PM) View Post
Having just read through the thread for tonights show, apparently not!

The thread "OO the Tension"  has already begun to be incredibly rude about Jodie.

#5 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

Unfortunately that does happen - but we mustn't let it get us down

#6 Viceroy

Viceroy

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(Jimmy @ May 31 2008, 09:49 PM) View Post
The thread "OO the Tension"  has already begun to be incredibly rude about Jodie.

Can you pinpoint where the thread is please - I have been moderating the forums this evening and cannot see this thread. It is possible one of my colleagues has removed it - but that would have been several hours ago.

#7 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:58 PM

It it the The Results Show thread

#8 Viceroy

Viceroy

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:05 PM

I have just been back through "The Results Show" thread and there is nothing I would choose to delete (although expressed in less than ideal language)  - just differences of opinion. I have removed posts tonight, but what remains in this thread stays.

#9 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:09 PM

I agree - it is just a shame that some people take things further than others

#10 Guest_Guest_Morgan_*_*

Guest_Guest_Morgan_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:14 PM

Thank you Viceroy.  I am reassured to know that we are allowed to express an individual opinion on here, which may go against the majority and the 'regulars' but so be it.

I don't rate Jodie, I have tried to like her as a performer but I don't.  I would have liked to have seen Samantha or Jessie get the part.  Jessie's singing of ALAHNM was superb, however I am sure she will be a big star with this experience as a stepping stone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users