- - - - -

Final Show

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#141 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:32 PM

I enjoyed listening to Samantha most - still can't take to Jodie - breathy voice no resonance to it at all.  She certainly doesn't move me I'm afraid.  Still, I've seen Oliver lots of times previously and there's loads of choice in the West End, its not like its the only show in town.

#142 Guest_Guest Jenny_*

Guest_Guest Jenny_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

I thought Jodie was fantastic in *maybe this time*- I really think she should win.

Nancy may be meant to be a younger character, but for me Nancy would have lived a lot, suffered a lot, and Jodie has that depth that you cannot manufacture without the experience.

#143 maymay

maymay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:30 PM

Jessie was awesome tonight.........I truly  do not get Jodie at all I wanted either Sam &  Jessie in the f inal two

#144 Guest_MT fan_*

Guest_MT fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

I got the impression Liza Minelli liked Jodie the best, but they edited rather carefully I thought.

I thought Jodie got given the song least likely to break your heart as Cameron put it, but did a good job with it, obviously they are bigging up Jessie, and they put her on a chair as well. The duet I thought Jodie was far better. Jessie was just pulled about by Gwion. it was cute and she gave him a piggyback, wowee.  rolleyes.gif

Talk about tyrin to manipulate the voters.

I am still voting for Jodie. Like Lee said she is the complete package.

#145 morven82

morven82

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(Guest_sally_* @ May 31 2008, 07:05 PM) View Post
what's the number for jodie?? I missed it and I'll be damned if Jessie wins!!

0901 121 20 01

Vote for Jodie!

#146 Guest_Guest_john_*_*

Guest_Guest_john_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:29 PM

good for jodie     superb final.......i championed sam but to be honest jodie does have passion and is a peoples person.........good luck to her and sam and jessie

fab show

#147 Guest_Guest_George_*_*

Guest_Guest_George_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(MT fan @ May 31 2008, 07:32 PM) View Post
I got the impression Liza Minelli liked Jodie the best, but they edited rather carefully I thought.

I thought Jodie got given the song least likely to break your heart as Cameron put it, but did a good job with it, obviously they are bigging up Jessie, and they put her on a chair as well. The duet I thought Jodie was far better. Jessie was just pulled about by Gwion. it was cute and she gave him a piggyback, wowee.  rolleyes.gif

Talk about tyrin to manipulate the voters.

I am still voting for Jodie. Like Lee said she is the complete package.

Yes. I thought it was funny that Jessie was on a chair throughout her song and it looked odd the way she was hanging onto the side all the time too. Lee preferred Jodie.

#148 Guest_GAz R_*

Guest_GAz R_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

What a good show - one problem may be Jodie not lasting for the 4 shows a week not 8 as they say on TV.
Jessie and Sam - what a future - Sam is in training and will get better - she has already and I was not shocked she was first out but sad all the same. Jessie - when good was very good - but otherwise didn't improve like Sam

Well done Jodie - enjoy it as it will be hard working with Cameron - good luck to Sam and have a rest and come back stronger. The show showed Britain has talent unlike the show somewhere else.

#149 Suzanne

Suzanne

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 31 2008, 07:32 PM) View Post
I enjoyed listening to Samantha most - still can't take to Jodie - breathy voice no resonance to it at all. She certainly doesn't move me I'm afraid. Still, I've seen Oliver lots of times previously and there's loads of choice in the West End, its not like its the only show in town.

I last saw "Oliver' at the London Palladium what seems like only a few years ago.  Despite having participated in this forum and the public telephone vote, I must admit that I am unlikely to go to see it again in the near future.  With the price of a decent seat plus the fare to London running to about 120 quid for two we have to be very discriminating and would probably opt for something we had not seen before.   When they start offering seats at half price we may well change our minds.  Having observed the Olivers tonight and knowing how fast young boys grow at this age, I suspect  that two of them might be too tall for Oliver by the end of this year.  I was glad to see Jodie given her chance and was moved by her joy at getting the part.  I am not sure however what the future will hold for her after Nancy.   Much as I have enjoyed watching the series I do think they should give these programmes a rest for a couple of years.

#150 Guest_Kerry_*

Guest_Kerry_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE(morven82 @ May 31 2008, 05:34 PM) View Post
Jodie and Lawrence doing well.

Jessie and Gwion...the two people who's accents really come through when they sing...not looking forward to that in any way shape or form... unsure.gif

I haven't said anything about all of the anti-Welsh, anti-Irish comments until now.  This is still the audition phase.  As it's a West End show, perhaps they'll invest in a dialect coach for the actors?  

I'm American and the contestants' accents didn't bother me at all.  I feel that there is a distinct pro-English bias in many of the posters.  They CAN BE TRAINED.  Were any of the Nancys REALLY from the East End of London?  I didn't watch the show from the start.  Were they the only ones worthy?

Oh, and someone better tell all those Aussies that they can't play American or British (oh, wait.  They do it all the time and brilliantly!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users