• This topic is locked This topic is locked
135 replies to this topic

#131 messtaken

messtaken

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:40 AM

I'm not quite understanding why it's not ok to say bad things about Jessie but anything else said about anyone else is ok??? There were some nasty comments rude ones made about quite a few of the girls this series why is Jessie the only one being singled out here to defend?? She didn't win for the main reason the public didn't vote for her Jodie was the best on the night and all over through out the programme her personality played a big part but her capabilities shone through Jessie might be good down the line but as JB said we're not looking for a Nancy down the line we're looking for one now.

#132 Thatguyp

Thatguyp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(Guest_Clare_* @ Jun 2 2008, 08:40 PM) View Post
Well at least they are constructive rather than just saying someone looks like meatloaf or you should take the next bus home as sung from a lyric. Those comments were just plain rude!

I totally agree that ALW made some awful and rude comments. That, however, does not serve as an excuse for JB and DVO to do the same!

#133 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE(josh @ Jun 1 2008, 11:43 PM) View Post
Come on. They were asking us to give the role to Jessie.... Jessie who 1. cannot move across the stage convincingly 2. cannot really act 3. cannot do a Cockney accent. I wish wish wish Jessie had been a more consistent performer so that I would have felt safe voting for her as Nancy - when she was good, she was fantastic. But that only happened every other week. It was completely unfair and awful of ALW and Cam Mack to effectively order the public to vote based upon what Jessie hypothetically might be like in a few months time - we know she's crap now, but trust us, vote for her like we're telling you to and she'll be good by December! Maybe she would have been, but it was wrong of them to try and get the public to vote like that, not on what they've seen in the programme, but on what might happen over the next few months. If they didn't want the people's Nancy to be cast, then they shouldn't have given the people the casting vote. They have only themselves to blame rolleyes.gif

Well fair enough, your opinion and my opinion differ but you can't blame Cameron Mackintosh and Andrew Lloyd Webber for trying to give some guidance on who would be best for the role, they have a lot at stake.  And to be fair, can you honestly say that Jessie is 'CRAP'?!!  I believe she had her negative points but I do believe that by December she will be fantastic - whatever show she is in!  I know what you mean about voting for how they are NOW but there was obviously something about Jodie that they didn't think would change in 6 months.  I never saw an outstanding performance from Jodie and she certainly never moved me.  She is a nice enough person with a very good heart but there are many negatives.

#134 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Clare_* @ Jun 2 2008, 08:40 PM) View Post
Well at least they are constructive rather than just saying someone looks like meatloaf or you should take the next bus home as sung from a lyric. Those comments were just plain rude!

Isn't if funny how people hear and read on the words they want?!!!

How - please tell me - is "you're so unfeminine" constructive????  From someone who pretends she is a professional westend and broadway actress/singer and dancer (she is no Ruthie!) that is a very childish and un-intelligent comment.  I gather you are referring to Andrew saying to Jodie that her performance was more 'meatloaf' (because the song was sung by meatloaf)?  I don't remember him actually saying "you look like meatloaf"

All I was saying was that there were very obvious differences between John and Denise and Andrew and Cameron and here ends my part in this subject!

#135 messtaken

messtaken

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:18 PM

ALW actually made a comment about her dancing being Meatloaf but still I'm not sure how this is constructive on any level???

#136 Sadie

Sadie

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE(messtaken @ Jun 3 2008, 03:18 PM) View Post
ALW actually made a comment about her dancing being Meatloaf but still I'm not sure how this is constructive on any level???

I watched it again, He was talking about the choreography I think, that's certainly what I got from it, In fact when I origianally watched it I gasped when John Barrowman immediately assumed he meant her size.  I honestly thought that it was John Barrowman who was going to get all the flak afterwards.  I'm still suprised he didn't

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users