• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#11 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:41 PM

Gwion will get a lot of coaching to get rid of the accent....

I hope to see Laurence

#12 morven82

morven82

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(Oxford Simon @ May 31 2008, 09:41 PM) View Post

I hope to see Laurence

I think you're right Simon...I originally thought Harry would be best but after tonight's performance I'm not sure.

As I say, I thought Gwion's accent was going last week but it was back with a vengence tonight!

#13 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

The right result 100%.

Jodie has the talent, the look, the ability and the emotional depth for the role.

She was completely the right person for the role.
Jessie had no chance (and that's the nicest I can put it without getting into trouble).
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#14 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(Oxford Simon @ May 31 2008, 09:41 PM) View Post

I hope to see Laurence

I'd like to see Laurence too.  I saw Harry in Mary Poppins and I'm not all that taken with Gwion (would have preferred Chester) although if the accent is coached out of him I'd be willing to change my mind.
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#15 flying_free

flying_free

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:19 PM

I am so happy Jodie won and I hope they give her more than 4 shows a week.

#16 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:20 PM

I am fairly certain that Jodie could easily cope with 6 shows a week

#17 ewilliams17

ewilliams17

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:23 PM

I'm very pleased with the result!

I've supported Jodie through out the show, I think she's been the most consistant and that she was brilliant tonight. Her As Long As He Needs Me was excellent, though I thought Jessie's was fantastic aswell and I have to say that it made me, for the first time, see her potential.

Oh and I was very unimpressed with CM!

#18 Guest_Akimwa_*

Guest_Akimwa_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

I love the fact that CM and ALW were so staunchly against her and she won lol. I have to admit I wanted Sam to win and wont go now Jodie is in it as I find her average but still pleased for her.

#19 ozymandias

ozymandias

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:36 PM

I'm baffled by the public choice. Rachel was always my first preference, but tonight I thought Jessie showed real star quality - something I'm afraid Jodie will never have. I would have voted Jodie out in about week 6.

I wonder how Jodie will feel when she comes down off cloud 9 and remembers that CM so publicly preferred Jessie and could barely manage a weak smile at the end. I don't imagine it will be at all easy for them to work together.

It would be hard on Jodie after she won the vote (albeit incomprehensibly, in my view), but the best chance of a decent production would be to give half the shows to someone with some real quality - Rachel or Jessie.

#20 Guest_Kerry_*

Guest_Kerry_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(Jennell @ May 31 2008, 08:40 PM) View Post
I am surprised at CM too. He should have been more gracious. I am so pleased for Jodie. I think she will be fantastic in the role and a great many folk will want to see her.

Forget being "gracious," Cameron Macintosh was UNPROFESSIONAL.  It is Directing 101 to make your cast feel that you really are excited to work with them.  He either plans to fire Jodie immediately or (once she watches the show back and sees exactly HOW much he didn't want her to win...beyond actually choosing Jessie), she will be racked with doubt throughout the rehearsal process.  He also apparently "bought" Lloyd Webber's "vote" which was outrageous.  

If these guys don't believe in the public vote, perhaps they should go back to casting the old-fashioned way.  It really is a bit more dignified and the director can choose who he wants.  These greedy bastards want it both ways.  A hit show AND the deciding vote.  I was appalled.

Fortunately, Jodie has been through worse.  I think she'll work hard to win his respect--not that he deserves it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users