44 replies to this topic

#31 cara

cara

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE(angelfan @ Jun 1 2008, 11:37 AM) View Post
I loved JB and DVO's reaction to Jodie winning.  Much better than the response she got from Cam Mac.

I don't know if there's any truth in it but I read Cam Mac wanted Rachel to win and had a big bust-up with ALW when he chose Sam over Rachel.

OMG yes so did I, thought their reaction was so sweet!!  

Out of the final 3 I'm glad Jodie won, she was Nancy out of those 3.  (Though I was a Rachel fan)

And that doesn't surprise me about Cam Mac, especially as he made that comment about her at the beginning of the show!

Now, I would just like to wish Jodie the best of luck in rehearsals.  I'm sure she'll be great, and I'll go and see the show now.  go on and prove to ALW that you are Nancy.

#32 Guest_Hilarious_*

Guest_Hilarious_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:46 AM

I actually think ALW is pleased. He was saying he wanted Jessie, but was he doing that on Camerons orders? He kept saying she was a gamble and needed a lot of work, and in the Liza Minelli clip Liza thought Jodie was the best and Andrew was saying "she's good isn't she?" to Liza, and Andrew commented at the end that he always knew she was the peoples Nancy. I think he is knew Jessie was no where near ready for this. All the professionals were supporting Jodie, Job, Denise,  Lee, Rachel, Liza, and I suspect secretly Andrew himself. He was smiling at the end, and he was obviously trying to be more balanced in his comments than Cameron. So, I think he may have been under orders to say Jessie when really he thought Jodie.

Jodie is far more believable, she convinces you with her presence and her performance. I think she will do a cracking job.

Now wouldnt John be a good Bill Sykes? tongue.gif

Jodie was the best choice. I hope CM treats her with the respect she deserves.

#33 Moose

Moose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:54 AM

Didn't see the show last night but have just watched the results show on iPlayer. Though Jodie was fab in ALAHNM. Little crack on the end notes but she really kept it together considering she must have felt like jelly! Whatever ALW thought he pulled off being pleased with the result but CM's behaviour was shameful! If you do reality casting you don't always get to choose! As someone said earlier up the board, he wants to have his cake and eat it.

Wasn't a massive fan of Jessie, but fair play to her for keeping it together when she must have just wanted to crawl away somewhere. Good luck to her.

Well done Jodie, as someone said further up the board, she'll be cracking!!

#34 Guest_Guest_clare_*_*

Guest_Guest_clare_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(mother @ Jun 1 2008, 09:04 AM) View Post
she was all a bit too jane mcdonald for me! highlight of the night for me was Gwion and Jessie doing truly scrumptious. brilliant!

Far too contrived in my opinion. Jodie was a natural. Giggling joking and just being wonderful!

#35 Guest_Frances_*

Guest_Frances_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(Guest_clare_* @ Jun 1 2008, 07:41 PM) View Post
Far too contrived in my opinion. Jodie was a natural. Giggling joking and just being wonderful!

I  agree.....they gave Jessie Truly Scumptious thinking it would get the audience awww factor.... but the chemistry was not there.... Jodie's giggle was so spontaneous...and when Laurence was on the bench and put his arm around her he looked really happy... Gwion was just lugging Jessie around... it didn't work for me at all... people like the song... so went awww...and Gwion is cute... but that was it... contrived. ... no emotional depth at all.... no real connection..... Laurence was responding to Jodie... I didn't think Gwion was respoding to Jessie at all.  

I think Jodie is by far the best performer at the end of the day... she has the complete package.... Jessie can sing...but she has  not got emotional maturity yet.

Jodie's ALAHNM at the end blew me away... it was heartfelt emotional and on the button.... they will be crying in the aisles when Bill kills Nancy.... she  is such a believable performer. Liza Minelli  likes her too biggrin.gif

#36 Guest_Jimmy_*

Guest_Jimmy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE(Guest_clare_* @ Jun 1 2008, 07:41 PM) View Post

I agree with you and am I the only person who is utterly sick of Jessie supporters whining about JB and DVO being disgusting, and unprofessional etc. it makes me sick and it is making me even more glad that Jessie didn't win rather than the reverse. If this is a taste of what things would have been like if she had won--well---

#37 Thatguyp

Thatguyp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE(Jimmy @ Jun 2 2008, 01:28 AM) View Post
I agree with you and am I the only person who is utterly sick of Jessie supporters whining about JB and DVO being disgusting, and unprofessional etc. it makes me sick and it is making me even more glad that Jessie didn't win rather than the reverse. If this is a taste of what things would have been like if she had won--well---

Perhaps if you engaged your brain, Jimmy, you might realise that those annoying Jessie supporters are responding to the bitterness of the 'anti-Jessie' lobby, of which you appear to be a torch-barer!

While certainly being a Jessie fan, I did not want her to win, and I have no problem at all in acknowledging the talents of Jodie and others. Because one has a favourite is not a reason to be unkind and uncharitable to the other contestants. Is that such a difficult concept for you to acknowledge or understand?

#38 Guest_Jimmy_*

Guest_Jimmy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE(Thatguyp @ Jun 2 2008, 01:18 AM) View Post
Perhaps if you engaged your brain, Jimmy, you might realise that those annoying Jessie supporters are responding to the bitterness of the 'anti-Jessie' lobby, of which you appear to be a torch-barer!

While certainly being a Jessie fan, I did not want her to win, and I have no problem at all in acknowledging the talents of Jodie and others. Because one has a favourite is not a reason to be unkind and uncharitable to the other contestants. Is that such a difficult concept for you to acknowledge or understand?

Actually they are not--they are just mad that their darling Jessie didn't win--maybe this doesn't apply to you--but it sure as hell applies to a lot of people---
On another note since you have been rude yet again you have won me some more cash---you are so predictable--it's making me a fortune---

#39 Viceroy

Viceroy

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:34 AM

I am advising BOTH of you to take a step back from discussing "I'd Do Anything" as you are straying from the subject into personal comments.

#40 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE(cara @ Jun 1 2008, 12:37 PM) View Post
Out of the final 3 I'm glad Jodie won, she was Nancy out of those 3.  (Though I was a Rachel fan)

I have thought Jodi was perfect from her first audition and I'm glad she won (especially out of the last 3). The only other person I thought could have won was Rachel who was booted after giving what everyone said was "the performance of the evening". I'll certainly be going to see Jodi. It'll be interesting how she plays against a Bill Sykes who is smaller, weedier and a far less accomplished actor (based on his Torchwood performances IMO)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users