The Future

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Guest_Morgan_*_*

Guest_Guest_Morgan_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE(Guest_sally @ Jun 2 2008, 09:20 AM) View Post
I certainly don't resent her. We all need all the luck we can get in this industry and resenting other people who've landed on their feet doesn't get you anywhere!! I did, however, find it quite annoying that she kept banging on about how she WAS nancy and how she'd wanted this her whole life and she deserved it. I know alot of people who are far more suited to the part and who deserve it far more than and 18 year old who, I'm sorry to say, isn't that great. Her voice lacks control, she is a terrible mover and has a sort of odd glazed expression on her face when she's performing. She also never seemed to take any direction which is one thing you have to learn to do as an actress. I agree that in a few years with the right training she will probably be a great talent but Drury Lane is not the place for her to learn.

Perhaps all the people that you know who, in your opinion, are more suited to the part should have auditioned for IDA, otherwise it just sounds like sour grapes.

#12 Guest_Dibley_*

Guest_Dibley_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:37 PM

Apparently this comes from Digital Spy. The stuff about the Lord says you could still be Jesus just made me laugh out loud.

First Insider Info As of Monday Evening.

The BBC were in talks all day yesterday. Basically CAM threw a real strop and was livid that Jodie won. If you notice there are no pictures of him with Jodie. He apparently didn't want to do any publicity with her although my "friend" thinks he might have had one picture taken that was contractual. Anyway they have been deciding whether they even want to do another show at all now as (a) it ended up leaving a bad taste in their mouths (cool.gif they have received a quite a few complaints about CAM © their figures were terrible against BGT and (d) the demands from ALW and CAM are bad. Apparently CAM actually wanted the votes ignored and Jessie to get the part. There is also written into the contract that he cannot recruit Jessie for the part of Nancy or any other Nancy until Jodie has started. This is so that the BBC does not have to pay back any phone votes. You can imagine if both girls got 4 dates each then what was the point of anyone voting in the final. As for the final figures I don't have them exactly but apparently there were a surge of votes for Jodie every time CAM spoke. She also appears (although not confirmed with figures yet) to have won by quite a margin. The BBC's unofficial take on it is that CAM basically secured Jodie's win and had he not gone on the show Jessie would have won based on previous week's figures. Serves CAM right.

Second Insider Info As of Tuesday Evening.

The figures. Jodie won by 6% on Saturday night which apparently is their largest ever victory. The most interesting part is that the initial thoughts about Sam votes were wrong. Apparently there was hardly anything in it just over 1% between Sam and Jessie for third place. Also they have got some trends from the telephone people (I keep forgetting their name even though she keeps telling me) and apparently every time someone left their votes generally went to Jodie. That is how she won. IE when Rachel left her votes went to Jodie, when Sam left her votes generally went to Jodie. So although she wasn't everyone's first choice she apparently was everyone's second choice and still had a lot of first choice votes as well. That is how she won. Also defo no further stuff with CAM. They have agreed to play along with the press on stuff and make it seem like they will carry on as they don't want a certain Mr Cowell to brag but they are only planning one more series with ALW which apparently is linked to Phantom the Sequel. Apparently based on research people aren't that interested in a sequel (neither am I) so he is going to use this as a platform to recruit someone but a clever one as no-one will know the production therefore it clearly will come down to looks and voice only. IE he will get his Sammie next time around.

Also defo no Jesus Chris Superstar over here as polls have shown that the Lord saying you could be Jesus has not gone down well with the "Religious" bodies over here so it is a no.

#13 Jon - Thenardier

Jon - Thenardier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

also made me laugh out loud to Lord saying 'you could be Jesus' it's just wrong! lol!

#14 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:26 PM

do we know how reliable this stuff is??
very believable either way.

serves 'em bloody right.
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#15 Glinda172xxx

Glinda172xxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:43 PM

"I really hope that Jessie and Sam get support from ALW for places at good drama schools"

Sam is at Arts Ed 6th form in london, and i am sure that it is general knowelage that Jessie was refused places at Drama schools...dont now which ones thought

#16 Guest_I just know_*

Guest_I just know_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:57 PM

Jesse will land herself a role as soon as ALW & CM find the right project.

#17 Guest_dreamer111_*

Guest_dreamer111_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

Thought you might enjoy this link

http://colouredlights.wordpress.com/2008/0...hat-comes-next/

#18 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:17 PM

That's an interesting read, but I don't know what they think Jessie's going to do in Joseph. The only options for female cast is as those "handmaidens", which A- isn't the kind of big ballad that suits her voice and B- I imagine as too much dancing, or the narrator, which I can't see working either (IMO).
Completely agree with what's said about Rachel and Sarah though - Sarah would be a fantastic Glinda!

#19 Guest_Kerry_*

Guest_Kerry_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(rona910 @ Jun 6 2008, 01:17 PM) View Post
That's an interesting read, but I don't know what they think Jessie's going to do in Joseph. The only options for female cast is as those "handmaidens", which A- isn't the kind of big ballad that suits her voice and B- I imagine as too much dancing, or the narrator, which I can't see working either (IMO).
Completely agree with what's said about Rachel and Sarah though - Sarah would be a fantastic Glinda!

And the narrator... I'm guessing that's what they're thinking.  They let Keith Jacks do the tour, but generally the narrator is a woman!  Jessie could do that easily.

#20 Guest_glassofwine_*

Guest_glassofwine_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE(rona910 @ Jun 6 2008, 01:17 PM) View Post

If they replaced Jenna Lee James with Jessie Buckley   angry.gif  angry.gif

But i could see it happening, if Lee Mead decided not to continue his contract, they would need another big draw to get people into the theatre. Which could be Jessie as Narrator and another reality reject for Joseph, or someone already well known?

The state of the West End is extremly sad indeed, needing to cast shows on television in order to get the public into the theatres to see shows like Oliver, SOM and Joseph.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users