• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#21 giggleqween

giggleqween

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:41 AM

theres been reports that niamh auditioned to be the next liesl in the sound of music!

apparantly andrew has jessie in mind for dorothy,shes coming back to london for a few meetings so i guess shes going to have something soon.

as for sam,shes already in drama school,and in my opinion is still bad.
i would love to see ashley in something!

jessie wasnt the best actress,but she was bloody hilarious with the cockney accent

#22 Guest_Observer_*

Guest_Observer_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2008 - 03:58 AM

"The state of the West End is extremly sad indeed, needing to cast shows on television in order to get the public into the theatres to see shows like Oliver, SOM and Joseph."

Which is precisely WHY they are using TV to try and sell West End Shows.... it's the same principal as casting Soap Stars in Musicals... drawing on celebrity status... and quite frankly, those struggling for work in the west end should be grateful that some people are making the effort to reinvigorate the Musicals.... the process might be loathesome, but the net result is jobs!!!!

#23 Guest_Guest_katie_*_*

Guest_Guest_katie_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:46 AM

i saw jessie in the street the other day heading towards theatreland in london so i'm guessing she's finding work..

#24 Guest_Jennell_*

Guest_Jennell_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(giggleqween @ Jun 8 2008, 12:41 AM) View Post
theres been reports that niamh auditioned to be the next liesl in the sound of music!

apparantly andrew has jessie in mind for dorothy,shes coming back to london for a few meetings so i guess shes going to have something soon.

as for sam,shes already in drama school,and in my opinion is still bad.
i would love to see ashley in something!

jessie wasnt the best actress,but she was bloody hilarious with the cockney accent

Who is Dorothy?

#25 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(Guest_katie_* @ Jun 8 2008, 10:46 AM) View Post
i saw jessie in the street the other day heading towards theatreland in london so i'm guessing she's finding work..

what a ridiculous statement. you could be anywhere in zone 1 or 2 in london, walking in any direction, and you'd be walking towards a theatre. by your logic, i must have a west end cv as long as my arm for all the time i spend in theatreland.

rolleyes.gif

whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#26 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(Haz @ Jun 8 2008, 07:35 PM) View Post
what a ridiculous statement. you could be anywhere in zone 1 or 2 in london, walking in any direction, and you'd be walking towards a theatre. by your logic, i must have a west end cv as long as my arm for all the time i spend in theatreland.

rolleyes.gif

I assumed the post was ironic and that she could have been on her way to an altogether different type of employment.  tongue.gif
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

#27 Guest_colouredlights_*

Guest_colouredlights_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:45 PM

I've read a few comments about ALW considering Jessie for Wizard of Oz, but I'm slightly confused about the situation.

There were rumours earlier this year that he wanted to do use the show for his next series to find a star. However, the Royal Festival Hall is doing the show this summer (see official website at http://www.followthe...rickroad.co.uk/) and I can't find any reference to ALW or Really Useful Groups.

The show has already been cast (see my post at http://colouredlight....d-up-6th-june/), so this rumour about Jessie could only be true if either:

1. The show transfers, produced by ALW, and the leading lady is dropped in favour of Jessie
2. ALW is putting on another production of the show

The 1st choice seems pretty harsh on Sian Brooke, and the 2nd seems rather implausible.

If anyone has inside information, do let me know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users