• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 cara

cara

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:15 PM

Okay I have not been a samantha fan at all through the series.  But maybe that's my sub-concious being jealous of the fact that she's gorgeous, can sing and can move.  But oh well!  I don't think she was Nancy, and I don't think she's ready YET for a lead in the west end, though i do believe that this girl will have a fantastic career, and certainly has a lot more prospects than the other young ones.

But last night, she handled being knocked out in the 3rd place, with decorum and maturity.  She didn't fall apart, and saw that this was only the first step in her career.  So I would just like to take this opportunity to say that Samantha has gained my respect and I look forward to watching her career develop, over what i am sure is the next couple of decades.

#2 Guest_Guest_Ellie_*_*

Guest_Guest_Ellie_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:03 PM

I have to agree, I was never a fan either like you said the fact she was gorgeous made me a little green and probably more critical of her but last night she handled it all very well. Her performance of "Anyone who had a heart" was actually one of my favourites of the whole competition. She left with a smile on her face and came across way beyond her years, (still can't believe she's only 17)!

You could see from the short VT how much the competition had helped her and built up her confidence, I to am looking forward to seeing her in roles in a few years time smile.gif.

#3 Twingle

Twingle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:30 PM

I totally agree. As DVO said she had grown the most from this competition and she will have done well not to have won so that she can grow and develop away from the spotlight of Nancy.  I look forward to seeing her in something else.

#4 stitcher

stitcher

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE(Twingle @ Jun 2 2008, 04:30 PM) View Post
I totally agree. As DVO said she had grown the most from this competition and she will have done well not to have won so that she can grow and develop away from the spotlight of Nancy.  I look forward to seeing her in something else.

Hear Hear

#5 Guest_Gary_*

Guest_Gary_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE(cara @ Jun 1 2008, 02:15 PM) View Post
Okay I have not been a samantha fan at all through the series.  But maybe that's my sub-concious being jealous of the fact that she's gorgeous, can sing and can move.  But oh well!  I don't think she was Nancy, and I don't think she's ready YET for a lead in the west end, though i do believe that this girl will have a fantastic career, and certainly has a lot more prospects than the other young ones.

But last night, she handled being knocked out in the 3rd place, with decorum and maturity.  She didn't fall apart, and saw that this was only the first step in her career.  So I would just like to take this opportunity to say that Samantha has gained my respect and I look forward to watching her career develop, over what i am sure is the next couple of decades.

I have always been a fan having selected Sam, Rachel & Jessie from show one - i think and hope that Sam will do well and hope to see her on a stage sometime soon

#6 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:49 AM

i think, to be honest, she was partly expecting it - having been in the sing off the previous week, she must have been aware that there was a good chance that she'd be the first out.

that said, i completely agree that she handled herself very well and with dignity beyond her years.

i think she's fabulous, but almost hope that she goes back to college and finishes training properly before really going for it.
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#7 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:19 AM

I really didn't rate Sam at first, and in the early weeks thought she got unwarranted praise for some very dodgy vocals - which it did seem as though they were overlooking because she was so cute (a bit reminiscent of Siobahn & David Ian in Maria!)

But by the end of the series I have to admit that she is the contestant who has demonstrated the most improvement, and although I don't think she was right for Nancy or quite ready for a big role yet, I concede that ALW saw something in her at the auditions that I didn't. Her acting skills particularly need a lot of work, but I'm sure that after a bit more training, she will do well. I can see her as Eliza Doolittle!

#8 Guest_Guest_Morgan_*_*

Guest_Guest_Morgan_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE(freckles @ Jun 3 2008, 08:19 AM) View Post
I really didn't rate Sam at first, and in the early weeks thought she got unwarranted praise for some very dodgy vocals - which it did seem as though they were overlooking because she was so cute (a bit reminiscent of Siobahn & David Ian in Maria!)

But by the end of the series I have to admit that she is the contestant who has demonstrated the most improvement, and although I don't think she was right for Nancy or quite ready for a big role yet, I concede that ALW saw something in her at the auditions that I didn't. Her acting skills particularly need a lot of work, but I'm sure that after a bit more training, she will do well. I can see her as Eliza Doolittle!

I'm the same, Sam seemed to get better as the series progressed.  I didn't really think much of her in the beginning either but I think she has proved that she can listen to constructive criticism, take direction and entertain.  After Sarah left, Sam was my favourite.  

#9 Guest_Elspeth_*

Guest_Elspeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE(Guest_Morgan_* @ Jun 3 2008, 12:46 PM) View Post
I'm the same, Sam seemed to get better as the series progressed.  I didn't really think much of her in the beginning either but I think she has proved that she can listen to constructive criticism, take direction and entertain.  After Sarah left, Sam was my favourite.

Sam progressed as the series went on? She was as expressionless in the final as she was on day one. But God was she hot or what in those hot-pants? I dreamt about her thighs for weeks. I'll be so disappointed if she's straight.

#10 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE(Elspeth @ Jun 4 2008, 03:11 AM) View Post
Sam progressed as the series went on? She was as expressionless in the final as she was on day one. But God was she hot or what in those hot-pants? I dreamt about her thighs for weeks. I'll be so disappointed if she's straight.

What?!!

Hopefully she will get taken seriously one day, she will soon get fed up with people going on about her looks.  At least the more individual looking contestants got critique on their actual performances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users