- - - - -

Jodie Doing 4 Shows A Week- Its An Outrage.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 damedave

damedave

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:13 PM

I have to say that I am compeletly disgusted by this new announcement that she will only do 4 shows a week. After all the money people have spent calling and voting....and buying tickets for the show, NOW do they add on the oliverthemusical.com website that she will only do monday nights, wed mat and eve and friday night. Its absolutely disgusting and I think there should be an investigation into the BBC promoting the casting of the 'Peoples Nancy' week after week..and the judges banging on about the strain of performing 8 shows a week..and then they say she will do 4 a week. Im sure Jodie, who was a worthy winner in my opinion, would WANT to do all 8 shows a week..and its hardly a vocally demanding role, so why theyve deemed her unable to do all 8 a week for a paying audience who, lets face it, will have booked becuase of the tv show, is beyond me.

Interesting that this announcement was made AFTER Rachel left, whom Cameron was a big fan, leaving 3 performers left who dont have much stage experience at this level. PLUS He has offered Rachel the remaining 4 shows a week, which I believe she had turned down. Quite right too.

I think its a scandal similar to all the phone voting ones the bbc have endured recently, and again its a prime example of the public being decieved and its not on.

#2 Guest_pinda_*

Guest_pinda_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(damedave @ Jun 1 2008, 04:13 PM) View Post
I have to say that I am compeletly disgusted by this new announcement that she will only do 4 shows a week. After all the money people have spent calling and voting....and buying tickets for the show, NOW do they add on the oliverthemusical.com website that she will only do monday nights, wed mat and eve and friday night. Its absolutely disgusting and I think there should be an investigation into the BBC promoting the casting of the 'Peoples Nancy' week after week..and the judges banging on about the strain of performing 8 shows a week..and then they say she will do 4 a week. Im sure Jodie, who was a worthy winner in my opinion, would WANT to do all 8 shows a week..and its hardly a vocally demanding role, so why theyve deemed her unable to do all 8 a week for a paying audience who, lets face it, will have booked becuase of the tv show, is beyond me.

Interesting that this announcement was made AFTER Rachel left, whom Cameron was a big fan, leaving 3 performers left who dont have much stage experience at this level. PLUS He has offered Rachel the remaining 4 shows a week, which I believe she had turned down. Quite right too.

I think its a scandal similar to all the phone voting ones the bbc have endured recently, and again its a prime example of the public being decieved and its not on.

Where did you see/hear this?

She will do 8 shows I'm sure!

#3 Guest_justamusicalfan_*

Guest_justamusicalfan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:19 PM

#4 Guest_jrhblack_*

Guest_jrhblack_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:21 PM

Interesting post, although I believe the theatre website states Mon, Tues, Weds mat and Fri.

What is your evidence for Rachel Tucker having been offered, and declined, the remaining shows, may I ask? If this is true, she did well to decline, as acceptance would have made a mockery of the entire competition.

#5 Guest_sceptic_*

Guest_sceptic_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(pinda @ Jun 1 2008, 04:17 PM) View Post
Where did you see/hear this?

She will do 8 shows I'm sure!

Not according to the Oliver! website.

#6 damedave

damedave

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:23 PM

Apologies...my memory of the days shes doing from the webiste clearly wasnt very good!

Its all there on www.oliverthemusical.com.....tickets and price section...

Interesting how this has only just appeared. I assume everyone whos booked already...and the people who have helped sell the first few months out completely, will be entitled to change tickets for one of the few days she will perform......

#7 Guest_justamsicalfan_*

Guest_justamsicalfan_*
  • Guests

I think it is outrageous - as soon as I read it on the official Oliver website I emailed the Cameron Macintosh Company to say how deceiving the whole tv show has been - after all they kept on about the winner being able to sustain performances for 8 shows a week - I hope lots more people email his company and give their opinions.  I am sorry for all the theatre goers who have bought tickets for days when the winner is not due to perform - I think it is an absolute disgrace.

#8 damedave

damedave

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

(somehow i think NOT though.....)

#9 damedave

damedave

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:25 PM

I shall do the same too. They shouldnt be able to just count the cash that this tv programme has given them in bookings, and not have unhappy customers voicing their disdain.

#10 Guest_jrhblack_*

Guest_jrhblack_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE(sceptic @ Jun 1 2008, 04:22 PM) View Post
Not according to the Oliver! website.

And the evidence for Rachel's offer/ decline of the other shows?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users