- - - - -

Jodie Doing 4 Shows A Week- Its An Outrage.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#11 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:37 PM

I believe that the booking period that is being mentioned on the website is for the preview period - given that the show doesn't open officially until Jan 09.

And this was up before the final took place.

I don't think it is a conspiracy to do down Jodie.

I suspect that as the contract negotiations go on, things will change.

I won't be booking until the dust has settled.

#12 Guest_priity_*

Guest_priity_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:04 PM

If CM wanto to jump on the reality band wagon to cash in he should deal with the conclusion that he might not get the girl he wants.

#13 Guest_wayne_*

Guest_wayne_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

All I can say is leave it to the trained perfomers.

#14 Belle

Belle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, costumes, shiny things

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:00 PM

I think it's really odd they're confirming her for the NON popular performances, it's the sort of schedule you'd expect the "star" not to to do!   I suspect they'll later confirm she'll be doing saturdays as well...
###Belle###

#15 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(Oxford Simon @ Jun 1 2008, 05:37 PM) View Post
I suspect that as the contract negotiations go on, things will change.

And there was I thinking that all the 12 Nancy-hopefuls would have already signed a contract for 6 months with CamMac subject to them winning the TV show. Otherwise the whole thing would be up for negotiation now, which could break down completely. But what do I know?
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

#16 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:46 PM

Given the way Connie seemed to manage to change the terms of her employment immediately after winning, it is hard to know

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:55 PM

As performances do not commence until 12 December, there is not a fully confirmed performance schedule for Nancy and Oliver. Due to licensing issues, it will not be decided which Oliver will perform until shortly before the performance starts. Sickness and holiday permitting, Jodie Prenger is scheduled to perform on Monday and Tuesday evenings, Wednesday matinees and Friday evenings and both Saturday shows. Until the show opens in December, the Producers cannot make a final decision on any additonal performances.

Noticed that on another site - not sure where it is from as the official site still states the 4 shows.

#18 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:13 PM

that sounds a lot more realistic

#19 Orchestrator

Orchestrator

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(Oxford Simon @ Jun 1 2008, 07:46 PM) View Post
Given the way Connie seemed to manage to change the terms of her employment immediately after winning, it is hard to know

She rather skillfully, if short-sightedly and with a headlong dive into hubris, managed to put Emma Williams in a situation of constructive dismissal (I'm not a lawyer so don't shoot me if this isn't correct). I don't know if the producers of TSOM would have been obliged to pay her any more for doing 8 performances than the previously anticipated 4 or 6; maybe they could have argued she was entitled to no more for the extra shows as it was her actions that forced them to pay Williams off.
Ooh, that Bernadette Shaw - what a chatterbox!

#20 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:04 PM

What really annoys me is that maria or joseph are charactors that are very rarely off the stage, 8 performacnes a week for them yes possibly a strian but they were let to do it. Nancy doesn't make her first appearacne unill 3 quarters of the way through the first act, and lets face it only has 2 big solo numbers om pa pa and as long as he needs me. If CM wasnt going to be fair , why bother getting into the whole thing? When it is reported in the press there will be complaints. lthough i feel the BBC aren't really tro blaim as they don't have much to do with the prodution of the musical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users